Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Sony Amp wiring diagram?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

Well I had a few paragraphs written and then I tried to link an image.... I should have posted what I had written, because when you try and link an image it brings a pop up and you/I couldn't get rid of it without closing IE.

The project has begun.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

Ok, so clicking on "My Media" seems pretty useless...

What if I paste a url here.  Nope doesn't appear I can do that either.  If someone can figure out how to post images or link let me know?

#23 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

I could use help in finding out what something is that I have images of AND I found something I think is VERY useful, but I can't post images........

#24 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

Ok, so clicking on "My Media" seems pretty useless...

What if I paste a url here.  Nope doesn't appear I can do that either.  If someone can figure out how to post images or link let me know?

You have an "Attach Files" option at the bottom of the Full Editor.  Click on the More Reply Options over there... on the right side of the screen, to get the full editor.  Of course, I guess it also depends on what the forum has set as the minimum number of posts you must make before you can post pics.  Hmmm Mr Owner Sir?  :)

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

#25 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

I could use help in finding out what something is that I have images of AND I found something I think is VERY useful, but I can't post images........

Lots of folks here use photobucket.com. It's free. From there (on the bottom right hand side when you have the image up) you can copy the URL (select "image" from the list) then paste the URL into your post.

"My Media" only allows you to select items you have previously posted on the forum.

Edited by TonyHzNV, 08 March 2015 - 11:20 AM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#26 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,jpg

See if this link shows up.  If it does this is what I can't find what it is.

Ok maybe it is an IE issue.  At Least I can paste a link through Firefox.

https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

Here it is again.  Notice that patch of sound deadner.  That must be part of theTitanium package.....

Edited by Darkside, 08 March 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#27 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Off to the Auto Show.  More pics and info to come.  If someone can find that part number maybe we can figure out what it is.  I could not find it.

#28 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

Your links showed up OK. It's been my experience on this forum that it's best to use the Chrome browser, not IE.

As far as what that is, see here: http://fordfusionhyb...s-quiz/?p=90717 Thanks, GrySql!

Edited by TonyHzNV, 08 March 2015 - 12:22 PM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

#29 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

I'm not referring to the Sony amp but the smaller box right below it. I couldn't find any reference to that.

#30 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

I'm not referring to the Sony amp but the smaller box right below it. I couldn't find any reference to that.

OK I'll see what I can dig up in a bit. Gotta go for now.

340661.png

#31 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

It would appear that the box you are talking about is the Digital Audio Control Module (DACM) C. Check the connectors going to it. They should be 4820A and 4820B if I'm right. This module has to do with both the Noise Cancellation System (ANC) and your Sony Audio. The larger box above it with the Sony Logo is known as the Audio Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Module, a fancy name for your Sony Amp. It's connectors are 4326A, B and C. Needless to say, you need both of these modules for the system to work. What exactly are you trying to add/modify?

Attached Files

Edited by TonyHzNV, 08 March 2015 - 08:08 PM.

• GrySql likes this

340661.png

#32 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

I am adding a new DSP, Amp and Speakers. That is interesting.  I "had" it planned out...  Can you post the actual diagram that has the wire flow from those two connectors?  I really appreciate your help and if you were closer I'd surely bring you some beers!!

• GrySql likes this

#33 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

I am adding a new DSP, Amp and Speakers. That is interesting.  I "had" it planned out...  Can you post the actual diagram that has the wire flow from those two connectors?  I really appreciate your help and if you were closer I'd surely bring you some beers!!

The wire flow from C4820B is on pg 4 of 4 of my original post of diagrams for Sony Audio. The flow from C4820A is shown on the attached diagram. Hope this helps.

Attached Files

Edited by TonyHzNV, 08 March 2015 - 10:01 PM.

340661.png

#34 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

TonyHzNV -Thank you again.

So I have my fusion tore down :-( a couple observations and thoughts.  It is pretty much a given that some tab will break in trying to remove panels and inside trim and this was no different.  It appears that because of the side curtain air bags they use a different clip around the parcel rear side windows.  I broke one plastic part the clips actually connect to and bent the snot out of both clips so I will be gluing a tab and probably buying new clips for each side.  No other surprises to mention and I do have pics of most of this as well.

Just because I am doing this and sharing MY experience remember if anyone dares/cares to follow you do so at your own risk.  Before I started pulling door panels off I disconnected the HVB and then the negative off the 12v battery.  I HAD considered running a 4 gauge wire from the jump post under the hood to the rear of the car.

The Sony speakers...They are all 25 watt speakers and all 4 ohm except the rear subs 2.3 ohm.  The speakers themselves aren't as bad looking as I expected.  I expected those tiny magnets on the back of the door speakers that are about the size of 10 stacked quarters.  These are actually 20 oz magnets and are the same size magnets as the Kicker 6 1/2 component speakers I have for replacement.  Speaking of size, the guys in China must have a different size ruler for measuring.....I have pics I'll post.  The Sony woofers I pulled out are 6 1/2" exactly and my new "replacement" 6 1/2" Kickers are actually less than 6" across (not impressed by that) but size isn't everything right?  So why didn't I go with Polk's?  I was going to but I couldn't find low profile 8" subs to match and I preferred to keep the same brand speakers with same specs (ohms, and sensitivities).

I know I will need to disconnect the mic's for the ANC and now I may just disconnect at the DACM (Thanks Tony!), I probably will also just disconnect the center speakers as well.  I plan on hooking my MS-8 into the high level outputs of the Sony Amp and the new Amp I purchased into the MS-8 as well.  The MS-8 has a 25 Amp fuse and the new Amp requires 80 Amp fuse, 105 additional Amp draw at max volume.  I am adding a second battery that the new equipment will be connected to and I'll charge that battery off our little 12v battery.  I do not believe it will be an issue, I have an isolator to be sure it does not run down the 12v battery. 

I have been doing allot of research and was thinking I can't believe Hybrids especially Fords :-) are not used more in say taxi use or even police cars.  It appears they do actually use them in NY for taxi's but not as a police cars, because our hybrids would not be the best for high speed pursuits.  To me that was interesting, why? Have you ever looked at all extra electrical that goes into either a taxi or police car?  Between the radios, and lights they are a pretty large amp draw and no where have I found that to be the issue with our hybrids.  Also as some have noted you can jump start another vehicle with our hybrids, so it has the power.  Now looking at all these wiring diagrams, 175 amps is what our DC/DC converter can put out at least, based on fusing.  Now here is the "Interesting" part I noticed after pulling the panel off where the 12v battery is.  It is getting power and has a 200 amp fuse going to the electrical and charging system, but the best part is, it ALSO has a 120 amp fused connector right next to that one and guess what that is connected to?  Nothing, but guess where I am going to tap in now....

I'll post pics later.  I am on lunch break at work and only have IE to work with. 

So comments?

Edited by Darkside, 27 April 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#35 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

As promised.  Pics, well links anyways.

First here is the stuff I purchased. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,jpg

and this https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,jpg

Here is the 12v battery positive terminal fused with a 200 amp and a 120 amp. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,jpg

Rear view with trunk panels removed. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

Kicker component woofer. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

Sony stock woofer. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

Sony and Kicker next to each other front side. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

Sony and Kicker rear side. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

Front passenger door with Sony speaker still installed. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

Rear passenger door with speaker removed. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

I have images of how I got through the doors with the new wiring.  I ran 12 guage wiring and WHY I ran 12 guage I really cannot justify and personally think I could have used a smaller guage when I look at the cross over wires and crossover used maybe 16 guage.

And for those that think I am giving up space in my trunk?  Think again, when I am done I will actually have a little more space then stock.  It will take me some time to complete all this. 

I mentioned removing the ANC active noise cancelation stuff which I think is kind of gimmicky and I will replace this "active" sound cancellation with passive sound cancellation....NVX sound deadening, I have never used it before but I intend to give it a try since I plan on keeping this car for some time.

Edited by Darkside, 09 March 2015 - 05:59 PM.

• Hybrider likes this

#36 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

NYC uses FFH, and I did see one as a *cough* taxi in Chicago. I see a LOT of Camry hybrid and Prius as taxi, and much rather see those than our FFH, let the taxi fleets lower the value on the toys instead of the Fords. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#37 OFFLINE   Automate

Automate

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 108 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

It's mainly concerned with the high voltage wiring / safety but you still may want to take a look at this since you are making so many changes http://fordfusionhyb...ations/?p=94563

#38 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

I am close to being done.  I still need to fine tune the MS-8, not sure if I should set any filters on the JL amp? any MS-8 experts out there?  I still need figure out where and mount the JBL control screen in front (possible in the glove box) and I need to get rid of the dreaded power off pop because of the new amps when I turn off the power.  I'm sure if I can find an accessory power source that runs off the radio, it is actually called something else on our hybrids it isn't accessory as in the old days but run power or something like that.  Tony can you look through your wiring diagram and see if you can find a run power source (when your vehicle is not running and on accessory)?  Pics soon...

#39 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

Darkside: here is the fuse box info I told you I would post while waiting for your answer on type of ignition, push button or not. You can glean a lot of information from these diagrams anyway and you may not need anything else. You'll have to let me know. I have also included a couple component location view drawings. The Body Control Module (BCM) is located at A-6 on the drawing on the BCM Loc View. The Battery Junction Box (BJB) is located at C-D 6 on the BJB Loc View.

Edit: On the chance that you don't have push-button start, here's a starting system diagram for you. Maybe that will help too.

Attached Files

Edited by TonyHzNV, 20 March 2015 - 11:05 PM.

• GrySql and Hybrider like this

340661.png

#40 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

TonyHzNV,

I do have the push button start.  I didn't know you could even get a keyed version?  Anyway, sorry I missed where you asked me what type I have.  I'll look through these and see what I can come up with.  I believe because of the "CAN" connections etc. through these fusions that I may just have to live with only being able to listen when in "ON" mode.  Let me look, other than that I am VERY pleased with my setup.

Tony PLEASE post the "Push Button Start" flow chart as you did with the keyed version.

Edited by Darkside, 21 March 2015 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·