Ugachick

Fuel Questions - New FFH Owner

18 months is a very long time for storing gas. I am a northern boat owner and the boat is stored through the winter season and Stabil is very important to prevent problems in the spring. It seems like the concerns would be the same for a car but I am not an expert. Stabil does not cost very much for a tank (maybe a couple bucks) and that would be a very cheap safeguard spread over an 18 month period.

Sorry, Murphy, if my post came across as lecturing. I was not familar with the "fuel freshness mode" of the Energi. As i said, I am not an expert on this.

The note about about recommending a fuel stabilizer:

It is recommended to use a fuel stabilizer if you consume less than a full tank of fuel during an 18 month period.

Does seem to indicate that Ford says it is okay to use a stabilizer such as Stabil (i.e. it will not harm the car).

You know, I have this 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis that has sat in the garage for more than 2 years with a full tanks of gas. Just for kicks I started it up and drove it to town. Dang that car runs fine! I have to worry about the car stopping, not going, the brakes were really bad the first few times I stopped.