Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

programing a intelligent access remote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rpluc1

rpluc1

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2014 ford taurus
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

I recently purchased a used 2014 ford taurus with keyless ignition. It only came with one 5 button remote. I have found several for sale on ebay and are said to be compatible for my vehicle. I called my ford service and parts dept. to see if these remotes would work, but nobody could give me a definite answer if they would work. The problem is I can't find any info on how to program a second remote. The service manual tells how to program a third remote using two remotes that are already programed, but I don't know if that would work since I only have one to start with. Anyone know if this can be done?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Welcome to the Fusion Hybrid Forum!

The Owners Manual says that:

You must have two previously programmed coded keys and the new unprogrammed key readily accessible. See an authorized dealer to have the spare key programmed if two previously programmed coded keys are not available.

Don't know about an Ebay replacement key, look at the reviews of the Seller.  Either way it seems you'll have to go to the Ford Dealer to get the replacement key programmed. A high quality locksmith could also do this. 

My used Flex only came with one key and the Dealer sent a mobile, bonded locksmith to my house to make me a new second key.  I have no idea what that cost though.

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#3 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

They have to use their service computer to clear out the key memory and then enter the serial numbers of the keys into the memory.  This needs to be done to get the missing key deleted from the memory.  As it stands now there is a key somewhere, possibly in the previous owner's possesion, that can operate your car.

#4 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 540 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

They have to use their service computer to clear out the key memory and then enter the serial numbers of the keys into the memory.  This needs to be done to get the missing key deleted from the memory.  As it stands now there is a key somewhere, possibly in the previous owner's possesion, that can operate your car.

This is correct.  I had to replace a key for one of my Fiestas and they needed to get the key code from Ford, order the key parts (yoke with laser-cut key) and remote then program it when I brought in the car.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·