MMisel

Upgrade Factory Stereo 2014 Fusion Hybrid

I am looking to upgrade my system in a 2014 Fusion SE Hybrid too. I want a HD Radio and I want to add some rear desk speakers. I looked into getting an amp and speakers, but if I am going to do that. I might as well add a HD Radio to the upgrade too.

Does anybody know what is the brand and model of the radio in the 2014 Fusion SE Hybrid? I have the MySync and the navigation system. I thought I as ordering the Sony System with the HD Radio...I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and goofed. Didn't realize that the HD Radio is only on the Titanium model.

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated.

I have looked and looked for info, but it's been hard finding anything on the 2014 models.

Well if you have the MFT, chances are you wont be able to install a head unit without breaking everything. Unfortunately, everything ties into MFT now, Climate, Navigation, Radio, Right dash screen, etc. Good luck with this, will be nice to see if someone can make it work.

I don't remember, do the heated seats have real buttons on the SE?

Someday a tie in box will be made like they have for steering wheel controls. That will make adding aftermarket to these beasts much easier. Too bad i didn't continue my edumaction in electronics, or I would give it a try.

I had mine in yesterday for its last warranty check. They upgraded several modules, the PCM, the BCM, the SODS, the Lighting module. All these tie in to each other, and if one module goes poof the entire system is compromised. Makes me wonder how deeply seated the MFT is with the rest of the car besides the vent positions.

Until then, without it, you have no controls for the vents, or seat heaters.

Until then, without it, you have no controls for the vents, or seat heaters.

It was established a few posts back that the heated seats have buttons outside of MFT.

However, although I'm a huge fan of audio and would love to upgrade, there's no way I would bother in this car. I just have to accept that the system is good enough as is - and it actually isn't too darn bad!

It was established a few posts back that the heated seats have buttons outside of MFT.

I have a Titanium, so I forget the lower models still have physicals. No seat buttons outside of MFT on the HyTi.

However, although I'm a huge fan of audio and would love to upgrade, there's no way I would bother in this car. I just have to accept that the system is good enough as is - and it actually isn't too darn bad!

I'm sure there are line outs and amps that can be added to the system, I believe a couple members have already done so. If the BD had been a good runner like my HyTi is, I would have kept it and added some "items" to make it sound better.