Joe Sofia Sr.

Specific Thread - Active Back-Up Guidelines Disappearance

Is there not a Ford Social Media person reviewing these threads? Perhaps that person can respond.

Thanks

Hi Joe,

There sure is! I'm the In-Vehicle Technology rep, Kim.

To access the camera settings, press the 2 gears > VEHICLE > REAR VIEW CAMERA.

Check out page 182 of your Owner's Manual for more details: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-fusion-hybrid-OwnerManual-version-2_OM_EN-US_11_2013.pdf

Kim

Kim:

I actually tried to reset the active guidelines but that too didn't work. I stumped the Ford salespeople who went the settings route and the dealership service department to get this to work. Niether were successful and this after the car being in the service area over 3 hours. That is why I am here hoping that someone else besides me has experienced the same issue and to hopefully garner some intelligence from a Ford Social Media representative (you).

(The only thing the owners manual states is that the steering wheel needs to be in a postion other than straight for the white active guidelines to appear (and obviously the gear shift top be in reverse).

Help!!!

Joe Sofia Sr.

Please DM your VIN, current mileage, and best phone number. I'll let you know what I suggest. :)

Kim

Kim commented recently that she was going on vacation. If you click on her profile and click to view her recent posts you should be able to find the dates that she is gone. Perhaps you should send the info that you sent Kim to Ashley so that she can help you in Kim's absence.

Edit: click here to find Kim's post about her vacation

Thanks for letting him know, hybridbear. :)

Thanks!

Now into Day 5. Per the dealer, Ford Engineering now being consulted.

Sorry to leave you hanging, Joe!

I'm back from vacation and I'll respond to your PM shortly. Keep an eye out.

Kim

Edited by FordIVTteam

I wonder why they would replace the camera when its the software that puts the guidelines on the screen. The first thing you would think they would do is reflash the system with new software, not change out the camera.

No problem. I hope you had a nice vacation.

Thank you. It was fantastic!

I am presuming they did acdii. No mechanic here but I'm with you, I believe it to be more of a software issue than a hardware malfunction.

Per the Dealership Service Department. the next step is to replace a control module and program that.

That is on order and supposed to be delivered to the dealer mid-day Friday.

Rather than leave the car there rotting at the dealership, I elected to retrieve it yesterday (Wednesday) and bring it back for the module install next week.

Very frustrated that they didn't seem to have any sense of urgency in trying to get the part overnighted via FedEx or similar given that the car had been there 5 days. I wasn't about to leave it there another two days waiting on them to procur the part.

What a nightmare. Hopefully this new control module is the answer.

Hey Joe,

I just sent you an update on your case. Check your PMs for more info. :)

Kim

So much for crossed fingers and toes.

New Control Module installed - Unfortunately. the new module couldn't be programmed.

Service tells me they need to retain the car - work with Ford Engineering to continue to diagnose the issue.

Oh and I can't take the car back because the dash is torn apart for an evaluation of all the wiring.

Any suggestions guys? I am getting very uncomfortable knowing I got a new car being torn apart with a waning degree of confidence this car isn't sound.

Is this issue potentially the harbinger of many problems to occur in the future,

I can understand why you're concerned, but I can assure you that the vehicle is in good hands. Be sure to communicate any concerns you may have to your CSM to make sure they are addressed properly. I see a PM from you in my inbox. I'll take a look at it and respond shortly.

Kim