GrySql

Splash guards (Mudflaps), warm weather and dust.

I wonder if they would help reduce the amount of snow that packs on the back end. It covers the camera in no time flat.

While you are dry and warm we have mountains of snow to go along with the COLD here. It is also destroying the roads, there are stretches of road that are buckling, which makes driving, interesting, but doesn't knock the dang blasted snow off the back end either.

BTW if you think the dusting is bad on the Fusion, you should see the back of the Flex. It gets so bad that not even the rear wiper can get it cleared.

We have roads that are buckling too from the extreme cold. When we get a warmer day the roads smooth out.

Something tells me though that a few of these roads wont stay together long enough for the warmer weather, the plows will kick the crap out of them.

Sounds pretty bad and I commiserate with all of you. I'll bet the Splash Guards work fairly well as Snow Flaps too.

The Flex sounds like it needs a rear roof spoiler and the Splash Guards.

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2020foflupro.html

http://accessories.ford.com/rear-spoiler-primed-9483.html

I had a spoiler on the Explorer I had, it helped a little, but not enough, back end still got cruddy in a few days of driving. It was quite different from those linked, it directed air down across the glass. It did help when it was raining as it blew the water down the glass.

I have floor drains in my garage, so it all runs down the drain, after it melts of course. Too bad i park in a car port though.