timeshifter

Purchase SE vs Titanium?

Considering purchasing a FFH. I'm considering a SE model with 502a, MyFordTouch, Push button start and inflateable rear seatbelts. MSRP of $31,750. Or I could get the Titanium with the rear belts for $33,485. It would probably be easier to find a Titanium already built. The inflateable rear belts are not a total must-have. Push button start is. That puts the Titanium at a $1,735 premium.

That would add:

Sony audio system with 12 speakers

Remote start system

Heated AND cooled front seats

Fog lamps

18" wheels instead of 17"

I don't know that those features are of any value to me. The biggest drawback going to the Titanium is that you CAN ONLY GET BLACK INTERIOR - I really like the beige color interior.

Any thoughts or comments?

For me, the difference was the Sony sound system. I like my music, and the SE system just didnt cut it, the one in my 2010 FFH was much better, and I felt I had gone backwards in the SE. As far as interior color, I prefer darker over lighter only because they are easier to keep clean, especially being the daily driver and with slobs, er, I mean kids.

However, if it wasn't for the sound system, I prefer the SE Luxury seats over the Titanium seats, they are just that, Luxury! If the SE could have been ordered with the Sony system, I would have gone with that instead. Adding aftermarket, with the active noise cancellation is not an option I wanted to deal with.

I did a side by side comparison with the SE and the HiTy, I took my USB stick and chose Ghost Riders by the Outlaws. In the SE it was ok, but in the HyTi, the opening guitar is crisp and clean, and then when it rolls into the rhythm the bass comes up and you feel the music. My Salesman was with me and he looked at me wide eyed and said, wow your right what a difference!

Other than the seat cushions being a bit too firm, the car is perfect.

I have followed my car a few times, and cant really tell the difference between the Ti and SE lights. Dont know what the big deal is, I think lack of twin pipes on the HyTi is the biggest bitch for me, the Tail just looks so much better with twins.

Besides, the debate over the tail lights reminds me a skinny vain girl who keeps looking at her butt in the mirror and thinking its too big when it could use some cushion.

Edited by acdii

When we bought our SE it came down to my wife wanting the SE 18" 5 spoke wheels and not the Titanium wheels. So we ended up with the SE w/appearance package and MFT Tech Pkg. Plus the difference in price between the HyTi and the HySE on the lot was about $8000 before negotiating.

It is her car, so she made the decisions.

It sounds like for you the SE would be a better/cheaper fit. I think you should be able to find an SE with the options you want (except maybe inflatable seatbelts), as those sound like pretty common options most drivers would want.

I wanted all the features that come standard with a Titanium, so I never even considered "building up" an SE.

Personally I LOVE black interior (I find dune to be extremely bland) and the harder seats. I'm also apparently the only person who like the HyTi wheels over all the other wheel options. To each their own I guess.

What burns me the most about the SE and Ti options that Ford offers is how Ford ties safety features like ACC, DAP, BLIS, and auto-dimming mirrors to a requirement to have leather seats, for those of us in the minority who don't want leather seats. Other really cool options that are not available to me are the Sony sound system and the PBS. However, I can definitely live without the APA option that is also not available to me.

What burns me the most about the SE and Ti options that Ford offers is how Ford ties safety features like ACC, DAP, BLIS, and auto-dimming mirrors to a requirement to have leather seats, for those of us in the minority who don't want leather seats. Other really cool options that are not available to me are the Sony sound system and the PBS. However, I can definitely live without the APA option that is also not available to me.

ACC in 2013 was not tied to having leather seats. You could add ACC as a straight up option on the SE. What is DAP?

DAP ==> Driver Assist Package (BLIS, Lane-Keeping System, auto high beams, rain-sensing windshield wipers, and 110V outlet)

Edited by Hybrider