And what part of that exactly pertains to the present discussion......about automatic renewal ?

The fact remains that you can specifically ask to NOT have the automatic plan and they will send you an invoice at renewal time.

At least they have done that for me for a LONG time. No reason to suspect that it is not an available option for anyone who asks.

I referenced the customer agreement for the benefit of those who do not know it all - in my experience the Customer Service Reps told me during each of my transactions that part of the terms of the trial offer was the automatic renewal, unless the customer cancelled before that time.

If you encountered differently or impressed your prowess upon the Customer Service Rep and caused them to enact a procedure that is not noted in the below, congratulations to you sir.

http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/siriusxm_customeragreement_eng.pdf

I just renewed our SIRIUS subscription. I called yesterday to cancel it and they offered me the $25 for 6 month deal as well. I told them that I would rather renew for 12 months at that rate. After the lady told me no, she could not offer me that rate, I told her I would cancel unless I could talk to management to see if they would give me a deal on 12 months. I talked to management hoping for a deal. I renewed SIRIUS Select for 12 months at $25.00 with auto renew.

So you're getting 12 months for $25??!?!?!? That's an incredible deal!!

Yes I am. That is why I renewed it.

I previously renewed it for 6 mos for $19.95. I found the $19.95 deal on SlickDeals. Could not find a deal this time.

Edited by jeffo65

It was time to do the dance again, as the 6-month special radio trial for $30 (from letter above) on her car expires tomorrow. I couldn't canx via chat, it gave popup that I had to call 888-601-6302.

I called and said I wanted to cancel, they asked about the service and I said it was fine, but I didn't want to pay the full price on which the service was about to renew.

She said "let me see what I can do for you" and said that they could offer half price off of the normal $15/month fee, I said no thanks as I was happy with the trial offer of 6 months for $30 that I had before. She said that was no longer available, and I said OK then go ahead and cancel it.

She said OK well the next best thing they had was the current trial offer, which was $25 for 5 months -- I said no that's OK just go ahead and cancel unless they still had the same price as I had on the trial. She they asked me to hold so she could discuss with her support team. Then I got the funky on-hold music for about 3 minutes.

She came back and said that her supervisor had approved them to offer a 6-month trial for $25, so with the fees tacked on that comes to $29.33 -- I said OK sounds good, and that was that. Just put another reminder on my outlook calendar for 6 months minus 2 days, when it will be dance time for the blue car again. When they did the 6-month trial for the red car they loaded on back-to-back trial offers, so that one is good until next June, and on the calendar too.

If your subscription expires, you can always listen to the free preview channel, I think it was 184. You may not like the music, but I guess its better than nothing...

Just got this in the mail today, feelin the love less and less...

Dear Valued Customer: 10102014jbsirxm_mrf_img4.gif

We are writing to inform you about an increase of 1.4 percentage points for the U.S. Music Royalty Fee effective as of January 5, 2015. Your fee may vary depending on the package and plan term you have and the number of subscriptions on your account.

The U.S. Music Royalty Fee applies to most audio packages* and offsets the royalties payable by SiriusXM to composers, publishers, recording artists, musicians and record labels that hold copyrights to musical works and sound recordings.

For more information about the U.S. Music Royalty Fee, visit siriusxm.com/usmusicroyalty.

We appreciate your loyalty to SiriusXM and are dedicated to providing our customers with the best programming variety and listening experience available anywhere.

Thank you for being a SiriusXM listener.

*Packages that are not charged the U.S. Music Royalty Fee include News, Sports & Talk, Traffic, Travel Link, Weather, Marine, Aviation, and Backseat TV.

Edited by jeff_h

I dont think you will get a notice for Sync. You have to log in to the sync site to renew it every year. Once the free subscription runs out then you have a choice to keep it and pay a fee, or just not renew.

Week 1 without Sirius, and all is well. I pretty much only listened to 1 station, and I found a Slacker equivalent. I'm using free Slacker for now, but if I decide to pay anyone it would be them.

Pandora streaming is not a lot, I have 4 Gb plan and including my work email, VPN, Testing clients, games and such I rarely ever use more than 2Gb a month. I stream at least 2 hours of pandora a day.

That needs a smart phone with unlimited data. I have a smart phone with limited data and it would cost way more than $5 per month to upgrade.

IF I end up subscribing to Slacker, they offer the ability to cache several hours of music when on wi-fi, which could virtually eliminate the requirement to use massive amounts of mobile data. Also, as acdii mentioned, it may not require as much data as you think.