Fastronaut

Electric Brake Came On and HyTi Wouldn't Budge

I wouldn't worry about it. This is a rare case where something went wrong with Fastronaut's car (sorry dude).

Exactly.... the 2013 model year started production last August and looking at the last 6 serials of VINs (assuming steady progression, could be wrong) they are currently producing about the 225,000th (or so) Fusion thus far. I see new users pop up now and then with the "I just experienced problem x, googled it and found this forum" and if there were widespread problems I bet there would be a LOT more of those. So yeah there were a few big SNAFUs early on with the body die/headlights/overheating recall (among other unknown 'TBD' gulags), but now aside for the "clicking" that some are concerned about, the most likely complaint one would likely hear is about MPG (and we have many threads on those). Bottom line - I would not hesitate to buy another one (however I've already bought 2 in the past 5 months and have heap long car payments, I'm not Acdii ya know), unfortunately Fastronaut is having a freak issue and maybe while his car is in the shop he should hurry out and pick up a few Powerball tickets (but don't forget me, buddy).

Edited by jeff_h

Exactly.... the 2013 model year started production last August and looking at the last 6 serials of VINs (assuming steady progression, could be wrong) they are currently producing about the 225,000th (or so) Fusion thus far. I see new users pop up now and then with the "I just experienced problem x, googled it and found this forum" and if there were widespread problems I bet there would be a LOT more of those. So yeah there were a few big SNAFUs early on with the body die/headlights/overheating recall (among other unknown 'TBD' gulags), but now aside for the "clicking" that some are concerned about, the most likely complaint one would likely hear is about MPG (and we have many threads on those). Bottom line - I would not hesitate to buy another one (however I've already bought 2 in the past 5 months and have heap long car payments, I'm not Acdii ya know), unfortunately Fastronaut is having a freak issue and maybe while his car is in the shop he should hurry out and pick up a few Powerball tickets (but don't forget me, buddy).

So I do my own kind of car leasing, just do it MY way! :)

BTW the serial on my new one that was just built.

I like that number.

Any idea how many Hybrids are in that number of builds?

I went to a couple sources and put together a quick list... with a few caveats:

1 - Sales figures on the Ford site does not distinguish between 2012 and 2013 models, so on the Fusion and FFH columns assume that 99% of the August sales figures were 2012 models and as the 2012 models got cleared off it transitioned to just about all 2013 models. On the C-MAX, 2013 is first year so even I can figure out the model year mix there.

2 - No indication in the figures that I found to distinguish FFH from FFE, or C-MAX Hybrid from C-MAX Energi... if someone wants to dig this up feel free to report, I just was curious about the rough numbers.

3 - Unknown why the hybridcars.com and media.ford.com report the different C-MAX numbers from month-to-month, maybe the Ford site includes fleet orders and the hybridcars.com does not, who knows... not me.

Fusion_Cmax_Sales_zps3718ede9.jpg