Charrua

Ventilation without AC

I confirm this as well and have gotten used to it, but still find it annoying and somewhat dangerous

to spend more time hitting touch screens buttons than I should have to.

I should also say that my 2010 FFH had this near identical behavior and I just got used to it.

When I detected that the A/C was still on, I would just hit the fan speed "down" until it was

at the lowest setting and then the A/C was off, it was fully off AUTO.

But this doesn't always work on the 2013, I have to hit one of the vent buttons (as you said) to get it off AUTO.

I don't know if I wait once putting the fan speed down if the A/C would shut off on its own shortly after.

The other trick I saw was hit "Max A/C" then hit "A/C" to force the "A/C" off. this seems to work, but

have only tried this once.

you're correct, it went off in the 2010 as soon as you hit the fan speed down. it always indicated

that the a/c was on, unlike the 2013. but I still found the multi-step process to blow air annoying.

I have no problem knowing when the AC is on in my 10. Screeches like a banchee.

I like to just go to climate control screen, select vent and floor (gotta cool the tootsies!), then turn off A/C. This method keeps the fan speed on AUTO, but turns off the A/C compressor. Also, the temp does not switch to LO as would be the case if you selected Max A/C. :dance:

ok what about the recirculation button I think what ever the setting I have as long as the vents are on the face it doesn't open(outside air) it is always closed I think its broken .because in al the cars I have owned before MB & BMW & Toyota it all had this button and when I press while AC on I am able to smell out side ambient air not in the ford..

and it is very important to have the outside air come through the system from time to time in order for your AC system not to stink..

any one please tell me is my system faulty or just im doing it wrong??