steveo358

Spare Tire for fusion hybrid

I looked at the spare in my 10 FFH, still looks like brand new, of course its been in the dark since day 1.

That all depends on which stuff was used, Fix a Flat in a can hardens in the tire and it very difficult to remove, and makes balancing nearly impossible. Tire Slime however can be cleaned out, it only hardens when it leaks through a hole. Dont know what is the stuff used in the ford pack though.

Even without a spare tire, I still wouldn't use it. If I get a slow leak, I'll fill with the

pump and hope I can limp to dealer to fix it (this has happened to me). If not,

then I have to get towed. A major inconvenience yes, but rather not deal with that

stuff and ruin a fixable tire.

I may still get the spare in the future. I wonder if there is a Ford owner who has

used this stuff and save their but. If you read the instructions for it, the "mess"

potential is very high. It's latex in a can....

I used Tire slime in my tractors and trailers, and to this day they are fine. The only potential issue using it is an out of balance condition if not spun up right away to distribute it evenly, but like I said before it stays liquified unless it leaks out.

http://www.slime.com/

That box is TOO COOL! Looks like something I made years ago when I had a workshop. That is a great idea.