Ric

"Battery Power Saver System Off". What is this?

Depends on the voltage of the battery. Fully charged you get about 15 minutes of play time before it appears, when the battery is run down from sitting a long time, like at the dealer lot, it can come on right away. I was in a Focus today that did just that.

This?

527262_526362670739205_1143774043_n.jpg

Same thing happened on mine. Whats even weirder is the HVB was showing totally discharged. Its OK now, at least as OK as this one can be.

Thankfully the car started and I drove it a bit and looks like it charged everything up OK.

no, it isnt normal. On my car, I really dont care since I am not keeping it, I will just let the service guy know when I trade it in that it has a weak 12V battery. On yours I would have it load tested. If you have the tools and a second vehicle, pull it out and take it to autozone, or advanced or Napa and have them load test the battery. If you take it to the dealer, most likely it will sit all day they will throw a charge on it and give it back to you. Looks like that was done to a couple other owners here.

Yeah, I can understand it when you first get the car, especially if it sat for a while, but not after driven a few hundred miles, unless they were short trips with lots of key action. If the battery is OK, it would peak charge after at least 30 miles of driving, or an hour of key on.

However, thought just occurred to me, it is possible that the charging circuit is the weak link. There is a slight chance that it cant keep up with demand on the smaller battery, those with the larger battery would be OK, until the load on it exceeds the charge, which will happen in the summer with max AC on. Something to keep watch on.

Yeah, I do the short trip thing, my day usually is 3 miles, park for an hour, drive 5 miles & park for an hour, drive 3 miles & park for 3 hours, drive 6 miles and park overnight. I didn't know this would be a problem when I bought the car. That's why I sold my 2009 VW TDI Jetta with 60,000 miles and 4 years on it. The Cat and other exhaust / emission filters clogged up and had to be replaced (under warranty this time). Next time it would be at my expense at around $6000! This was all due to my not driving at highway speeds and only doing short trips. Maybe I should buy a 1956 Ford next time! Ha!

Wow if anyone is a candidate for an NRG, its you! Go take it on a nice hour long road trip, that should get that battery charged.

It's been almost two weeks since my dealer charged my battery and the BS message has not appeared again. I did discover last month that I accidentally had the overhead passenger light set to on. I think it automatically turns off after a preset time, but it can go unnoticed when you stop during the day.

I had that happen a couple times too. They satay on too long after you open and close a door that you dont realize that one is on until the next morning. Good thing they are LED, so they use very little energy.