Sign in to follow this  
loosta

2013 Fusion ordred

All of my family and friends cannot understand why it is taking so long for my car to come in...

Are your family and friends familiar with the retail order process and all of the variables involved? I'm no expert but this is retail order #6 for me (spanning 20 years)... my past orders for me took 9, 8, 11, 7, and 5½ (FFH in 2009) weeks.... this order I gave up on when I changed to the Titanium Hybrid where I knew the production run was still a couple months off, so that timeframe will be skewed when it finally gets here. But all-in-all it's normal for the process to take 2-3 months, of course the "TBD" stuff notwithstanding.

So right now you are at the 8 week mark and your car was built 10 days ago, has yout dealer seen anything on the transport yet?

So the latest is; In Order Processing Unscheduled Clean...which was basically as it was the day after I ordered it. I am a bit peeved.

Yeah there is something strange about that one, unscheduled after being ordered on 19 October? Do you have the Vehicle Order Confirmation printed out by the dealer? If so, what is the priority on it? Maybe the dealer jacked up the order and it keeps getting passed over due to the priority?? That's the only guess I have. What are the details on your order? If you ordered the Ginger Ale color I did see a delay noted on those, though I don't think many order that color.

Well Coach, if the problem that Nick and I have is due to a production hiccup, yours should be fine! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a good one.