Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Maintaining leather seats ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Pentalab

Pentalab

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Fusion,2.5L-SEL-6 x speed auto, with moon roof, heated leather, spoiler,rearTV camera,12-spkrs. Car is candy red.

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:05 AM

I just bought a new 2011 Fusion SEL..with charcoal coloured leather seats front and back.
What do folks suggest to use on the leather seats, if anything, to keep them in good condition ? [ IE: what specific products to use, or procedure]
I have leather furniture in the living room I bought back in 1995..and it looks like the day I bought it...and nothing used at all on the leather sofa,chair, stool, etc.
Leather In a vehicle is a different matter..esp with UV during the summer days...and cold temps at night..during the winter. Since both front seats are also heated, I'm also concerened about the
heat from the seat and lower back heaters' having an adverse effect on the leather. This is my 1st post. My car is not here..yet. It arrives in the 1st or 2nd week of Feb-2011. Candy red + moon roof + rear spoiler.

Thanks.

Edited by Pentalab, 24 January 2011 - 07:40 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

I just bought a new 2011 Fusion SEL..with charcoal coloured leather seats front and back.
What do folks suggest to use on the leather seats, if anything, to keep them in good condition ? [ IE: what specific products to use, or procedure]
I have leather furniture in the living room I bought back in 1995..and it looks like the day I bought it...and nothing used at all on the leather sofa,chair, stool, etc.
Leather In a vehicle is a different matter..esp with UV during the summer days...and cold temps at night..during the winter. Since both front seats are also heated, I'm also concerened about the
heat from the seat and lower back heaters' having an adverse effect on the leather. This is my 1st post. My car is not here..yet. It arrives in the 1st or 2nd week of Feb-2011. Candy red + moon roof + rear spoiler.

Thanks.

Simple - only use a good quality name brand Leather cleaner and/or conditioner. Meguiars, Lexol, Mothers, etc. are fine. There are also some higher end products that professional detailers use.
Allen - Atlanta, GA
2006 Fusion SEL V6 fully loaded
Tungsten/Med. Light Stone

#3 OFFLINE   hammerg26

hammerg26

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

I use Meguiars - it works great. I tried Lexol, just did not like it as much...

#4 OFFLINE   dennisw

dennisw

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 50 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

Any automotive leather conditioner as long as it contains aloe and zero alcohol. My last car's leather with 155,000 miles and 11 years still looks great today. I conditioned the leather multiple times a year and the seats had zero cracking and only one small wear mark on the seat back caused by rubbing during entering and exiting the drivers side that is not noticeable unless you look for it. The friend that purchased my car stated the seats looked brand new.
  • hybridbear likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Beeks

Beeks

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 14 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Any good brand really - and those can be quantified as not having alcolhol in them. Avoid Armor All and similar types.

#6 OFFLINE   coach81

coach81

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 609 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'13 FFH Silver Ingot / Black Leather Tech, Nav, Moon, Rev Sens, Lane Keep Asst. I love it!!!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for the info...

'13 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ordered 10-26-12 Picked up 1-10-13
Luxury, Moon, Navi, Driver Assist, Rev Sense
Ingot Silver, Black Leather

Current Favorite Feature- Lane keep assist
First full tank MPG- over 53!!!

#7 OFFLINE   mmorri12

mmorri12

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

look into the Connolly leather care products. I've been very pleased with their results. they cost a few $$ more than what you will typically get from your local Pep Boys.

I purchased mine from Autogeek, but a google search will find several other retailers and reviews of their product. 

also, I purchased a small "fingernail" scrub brush at target (in the cleaning products isle) and it works great as a soft and leather safe agitator to really get the seats clean easier over a cloth.

#8 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

I use Mothers Leather Tech.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#9 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Lexol, why? They have been in the leather business for a very long time, originally for Saddle and bridle leather. Stuff works great, but DONT use the stuff made for saddles as it will take the finish right off your seats! 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#10 OFFLINE   vkri2

vkri2

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

How often would you guys recommend conditioning the leather seats and, this is important, would the products mentioned make a difference when using them on heated seats?

The last thing I'd want is for a weird smell to emanate when the heaters are on.

Thanks!!

193389.png

#11 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

I had my car mini-detailed and waxed today at work. Learned my lesson with my Camry that if you don't remove those love bugs from the hood in a timely manner, they will meld into your paint.

They offered a leather cleaner/conditioner (leatherique). I went ahed and did that too.
Went down at lunch time to look at it, and I think I will like it. it's not greasy in any way. Just a light cleaner and conditioner, which they recommend you apply every six months.

Here is a link I found. http://www.leatheriq...m/products.html

I think they used the pristine clean solution.
  • hybridbear likes this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

#12 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Did anyone try the Zaino Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner and Z-10 Leather in a Bottle?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#13 OFFLINE   gkinla

gkinla

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 339 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Ford sent me samples of Leather Master cleaner and conditioner. My Dune driver seat had taken on a blue hue from wearing jeans. I used the cleaner and it removed the blue immediately. The conditioner treated the seats without leaving the seats greasy.

I looked up the cost and the price nearly made me choke.

On ebay you can buy these kits for less than $20, some times delivered. Make sure it's for leather not Nubuck.

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

#14 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Same with mine, but plain water and a sponge takes the bluejean stain off, very light rubbing.

• gkinla likes this

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#15 OFFLINE   smr2112

smr2112

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 510 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

With leathers in most cars today, so heavily treated/sealed/protected - are you really even doing much of

anything to the leather itself with most treatments? 20 years ago, an older Jag or MB - keeping that leather

in good condition was a much bigger deal.

So would this fact change anything about what products you use?  Seems like most of them really

would never even reach the leather to protect it directly.  You want something to protect the surface

somehow, more than the leather.

I used some of this product which was easy enough.  Kind of a different approach as the seat

color is unchanged completely - I kind of miss making the seats slippery...

http://www.autopia-c...ther-guard.html

2013 FFH Hybrid Titanium 900A / Sterling Grey / Driver Assist / Park Assist / Adapt. Cruise / Moonroof / Navigation -- Took delivery 04/16/13

194152.png

#16 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Meguiares leather cleaner seems to work good too. I got one of those with the wipes in a can, and it cleans the seats nicely. 

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 244 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

This threads a few years old but is still useful today. The Fusion is the first car with leather seats that I have owned. The last post here was a few years ago. Just wondering if there is any new products to maintain the leather seats and steering wheel and if there are any products to avoid. Thanks.

#18 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Like my last post, the meguiars wipes work really well. I also use Lexol cream.   The one thing to keep in mind, car leather in the Fusion is nothing like the leather used for furniture, it has tighter pores and a tougher finish on it, so not many products can penetrate the surface, and all they really do is clean the surface. Older car leather was different and actually do soak up the conditioners. 

Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:24 AM

I use the Meguiars leather cleaner to clean the seats and then I follow that up with the Meguiars leather conditioner. I decided to buy the 2 products instead of the 1 combined product since the cost per ounce difference was negligible and I expect that using 2 specialized products will work better than 1 product that was compromised to perform 2 functions. I find that the Meguiars leather conditioner seems to soak into the seats pretty good. They're noticeably softer after using the leather conditioner and they make a squeaking noise as you slide across them. I will also rub the damp cloth around the steering wheel as well to keep it soft.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#20 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

I always worry that the leather conditioners will ruin my suit pants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·