Zack

Oil change intervals - endless topic

If you change the oil yourself and mark it in the maintenance log, Ford is not going to be able to deny you warranty service unless you stripped the threads on the drain plug and all the oil ran out. Besides, oil problems are rare. On another forum we had a poster who was charged $400 for a routine 60,000 mile inspection on a Gen 1 FFH that needed nothing. Free oil changes from a dealer are not free ! They get reimbursed for warranty work which they have to document. The free oil changes are bait.

Edited by lolder

Even better, buy the filter from the dealer, and mark the date on the filter right there to match the date on their receipt. Lets see them try to deny it then! I also took a picture of the oil as it went in as further proof.

944250_542295872479218_1981243486_n.jpg

I remember seeing one somewhere in one of the books, but I did notice that there are fewer books these days.

Yep, and marking the miles and date makes it one step more difficult to argue the point.

Thats a rare car indeed, not many were made before Mercury was phased out.