SRMilan

'08 Milan E Brake Problem

Hi Sarah. My reply was completely courteous and well-intentioned. I did not give you the line " "well don't use your ebrake", and I was politely trying to assist you with a minimum of information. To me, it seems you do not have a problem. It is likely caused by surface rust and the pop is normal.

Be fair for a minute: According to you, you have "restored a '65 and '71 mustang ", you have your hands on your own car, can examine it, yet you can not find any defect. And your Dealer can not find a problem. Yet you are going to get mad at me for asking a few questions and taking the best Internet guess I can? That is why I mentioned that the Internet is worthless for this type of problem solving, and you proved my point.

It was not a "mistake coming to us" and there is no reason to sarcastically "apologize" for "taking up our time". But there is no need to be rude and you could certainly display a nicer attitude towards people who try to help you.

As I previously stated, it is not abnormal in wet or humid conditions to have a"popping" sound on parking brake release on modern cars. This is due to the build up of surface rust on the rotor due to the moisture. You may not like that answer, but it certainly seems your Dealer can find nothing wrong, so that answer may very well be correct.

You are free to not believe my advice. In that case, let your Dealer or another mechanic try to find the problem again. But there is no reason to be rude, just because it was not an answer you agree with.

WOW! what a great helpful post to be answered so rudely by Sarah. You held your temper very well.

Sarah,

Don't use your e-brake...Problem solved...

I'm wonsering ,because of the rude reply, if "Sarah" was a troll trying to get us all mad?