Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

All Weather Floor Mats

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Howie411

Howie411

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 269 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

I just got a set of Husky Liners (front and rear) from autoanything.com for $105 AND FREE SHIPPING! The floor liners fit perfectly and are a more economical option to the Weathertech, which I almost bought. Granted, the Husky liners don't have the "Fusion" logo in them, but the fit is excellent. Completely covers the floor carpet with the "pan lip"

check them out at http://www.autoanyth...4A4402A0A0.aspx

Are the FFH hybrid floor mats the same size as the normal fusion mats?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   thunderstruck666

thunderstruck666

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:42 PM

I just got a set of Husky Liners (front and rear) from autoanything.com for $105 AND FREE SHIPPING! The floor liners fit perfectly and are a more economical option to the Weathertech, which I almost bought. Granted, the Husky liners don't have the "Fusion" logo in them, but the fit is excellent. Completely covers the floor carpet with the "pan lip"

check them out at http://www.autoanyth...4A4402A0A0.aspx

The WeatherTech's are actually cheaper direct from the mfr. than from AutoAnything.
2010 Fusion SEL Sterling Gray Metallic/Black Leather. 302A with Monochrome appearance/18" wheels.

#23 OFFLINE   skluck

skluck

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

Someone needs to make a mat that covers the dead pedal area. I have the OEM all-weathers and I have salt encrusted all over the dead pedal area. It sucks and it's going to be impossible to clean.

#24 OFFLINE   DaveM

DaveM

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

Someone needs to make a mat that covers the dead pedal area. I have the OEM all-weathers and I have salt encrusted all over the dead pedal area. It sucks and it's going to be impossible to clean.

I wrote a email to Weathertech about the same problem. I would have cost them maybe 2 cents more to extend the mat up a few more inches at that point but of course, no reply.
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid w/502A package, black on black

#25 OFFLINE   deo1929

deo1929

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

I wrote a email to Weathertech about the same problem. I would have cost them maybe 2 cents more to extend the mat up a few more inches at that point but of course, no reply.

The Liners vs the all weather mats completely cover the floor and add a lip around them to contain any fluid. This is true for both Weathertech and Huskey. That is why I went with the liner vs the mat to get complete coverage.
Dennis
Central Indiana

2010 Fusion SE 2.5L 6 speed manual Sangria Red
2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, 4X2 2.7L 5 speed manual
1968 Mustang Fastback--original 302 4V, Tahoe Turquoise, One-of One, currently being restored by me.

"There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary math....one's who do...and those who don't"

All cars should be like Henry Ford designed them...with 3 pedals on the floor.

#26 OFFLINE   DaveM

DaveM

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

The Liners vs the all weather mats completely cover the floor and add a lip around them to contain any fluid. This is true for both Weathertech and Huskey. That is why I went with the liner vs the mat to get complete coverage.

I have the liner but where the left foot rest is they just lack a good 2 or 3 inches in height. You set your wet, snowy foot there and crap drips behind the liner. Actually same around the gas petal.
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid w/502A package, black on black

#27 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

I have the liner but where the left foot rest is they just lack a good 2 or 3 inches in height. You set your wet, snowy foot there and crap drips behind the liner. Actually same around the gas petal.

That's my complaint on the OEM mats, but it appears the liner does the same thing, so I'll stick with the OEM all weathers.
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#28 OFFLINE   engratsea

engratsea

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

For anyone with the two hook floormats Husky liners informed me that they have modified the new liners to fit both the single and double hook. I put a order in and waiting to see how they look.

#29 OFFLINE   joe_cool

joe_cool

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Dennis,

I'm debating between the husky and Weathertech. liners Do you have some pictures of your husky liners?

Thanks

Joe

#30 OFFLINE   fusionff

fusionff

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

I have the weathertech's digital fit mats in my truck. The only complaint I have is that they only go up a few inches on the top (by the toes), so I did not get them for my car. I just ordered the Husky Weatherbeater mats for my Fusion, hopefully will be delivered any day. They seem to have more coverage than the Weathertech mats.

Husky link: (Not the trunk liner)
http://www.huskyline...=30#ColorChange

Edited by fusionff, 14 May 2010 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image
07 SEL V6
Steeda STB & CAI, SCT X3
Ford Racing Springs, & more

#31 OFFLINE   Rodeo

Rodeo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:29 AM

I got the Weathertech floor liners and I love them so far. The only problem is the original floor mat had only one hook on the floor and the weathertech came with two holes for hooks and neither line up so it's unusable that way. (WRONG- see below post!) To me it doesn't matter though because the liner itself fits like a glove and isn't going to move anywhere. You can kind of see by the picture I took just how well (and snug) these liners fit.

My only other observation is that I wanted to lay the stock carpeted mats over the top for better comfort and appearance but the stock carpets slide around really bad on top of the liners. I would love to find some carpeted mats that will actually grip to the liners slippery plastic surface so that I could use them 2 or 3 seasons out of the year. If anyone has a non slippery carpeted mat that works, please do let me know what brand and model to get.

Posted Image

Edited by Rodeo, 15 May 2010 - 06:57 AM.

2010 Milan Premier V6 FWD, Moon & Tune, Remote Start, RSS., Tuxedo Black w/ Medium Light Stone Leather interior

2010 New Jersey Meet - Fusion/Milan/MKZ - Freehold, NJ
http://www.fordfusio...__0

#32 OFFLINE   Rodeo

Rodeo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

Actually, I had that backwards. my new 2010 Milan came with TWO buttons to hold the mat in place and my new Weathertech Liner only had ONE and didn't line up.

Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image
(I am simply amazed how much "dirt" a camera can pick up that the human eye fails to see. I was shocked to see all this dirt on my new floor liners already. maybe a camera just magnifys it or something....)

I'd love to see decent photos of the Husky Liners. Do they offer better coverage??
2010 Milan Premier V6 FWD, Moon & Tune, Remote Start, RSS., Tuxedo Black w/ Medium Light Stone Leather interior

#33 OFFLINE   fusionff

fusionff

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:14 AM

I'd love to see decent photos of the Husky Liners. Do they offer better coverage??

My Husky liners are out on the Fedex truck for delivery right now, hopefully I'll be home to sign for them and I will post up some pictures later today. Or Next week if I miss the delivery.
Posted Image
07 SEL V6
Steeda STB & CAI, SCT X3

#34 OFFLINE   FFHdriver

FFHdriver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

My Husky liners are out on the Fedex truck for delivery right now, hopefully I'll be home to sign for them and I will post up some pictures later today. Or Next week if I miss the delivery.

The Ford all weather mats that were an option work and fit well.
'10 Fusion hybrid;blt.5/09;501A;white plat.met.;med.lt.stone leather

#35 OFFLINE   2010 Sport Blue SEL

2010 Sport Blue SEL

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

I wonder if the addition of a second button on later builds is in response to floor mats getting caught under the accelerator pedal on certain makes of cars. Mine was built in 4/09 and has one button.
2010 Fusion SEL
2.5L FWD
Sport Blue Metallic
Moon & Tune Package
Remote Start

#36 OFFLINE   commishbob

commishbob

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

Actually, I had that backwards. my new 2010 Milan came with TWO buttons to hold the mat in place and my new Weathertech Liner only had ONE and didn't line up.

Same thing with my Fusion. I emailed them but never heard back. Don't want anything from them, the mats still work fine and don't slide, but I wanted them to know.

Edited by commishbob, 15 May 2010 - 12:42 PM.

2010 Sterling Gray Metallic SE w/SYNC/Sun and Appearance packages.
Posted Image

#37 OFFLINE   Rodeo

Rodeo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Same thing with my Fusion. I emailed them but never heard back. Don't want anything from them, the mats still work fine and don't slide, but I wanted them to know.

I think they took a quick lesson from Toyota and didnt want any potential problems or claims of stuck accelerators due to moving floor mats. One button can act as a pivot point, but two buttons will firmly hold the mat straight and in place. I myself think this is important however the Weathertech Floor Liners are so molded to the shape and contour of the floor, I doubt it will ever move out of place.

I just wish it had more floorboard coverage over the "dead pedal" area on the left as others here have mentioned. You can see in my photos above how prone it will be to get grit and slush over the top and behind it with your left foot. maybe the Husky liners are better in this regard? Let's see what FusionFF says when he gets his Husky liners delivered.

#38 OFFLINE   fusionff

fusionff

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

Ok boys, I have the Husky liners installed, and there is definitely more area covered than with the weathertechs. You can see by the pics that there is about an inch & a half, up to two inches in spots on the passenger side on top exposed. No need to worry anyone stepping above the liner. The driver side covers the whole left step area, very good coverage.

Drivers side:
Posted Image

Passenger side:
Posted Image

The rear mat goes under the seat a few inches, can't complain about that.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I would definitely recommend the Husky liners.
Posted Image
07 SEL V6
Steeda STB & CAI, SCT X3

#39 OFFLINE   2010 Sport Blue SEL

2010 Sport Blue SEL

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

Rodeo you're correct. That was the only place I had dirt, water and salt get under my Weathertech mats. I placed strips of indoor outdoor carpet along the sides to protect any exposed carpet. Next winter I'll cover the the foot rest area to try to prevent that. I took my Weathertech's out and put the carpeted mats in for summer. The Husky's look really nice and provide great coverage. The only down side I see is getting them out to clean in winter with the melted snow on them. I had to be careful not to spill the melted snow pulling mine out to clean. The driver's seat had to go all the way back and carefully pull the mat up and out.
2010 Fusion SEL
2.5L FWD
Sport Blue Metallic
Moon & Tune Package
Remote Start

#40 OFFLINE   Rodeo

Rodeo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

fusionff,

How much were the Husky liners? What made you get black in a beige interior? Do they come in other colors?
They definitely look like they have much better coverage though. But yea, they look like they'd be harder to get out to clean again without spilling the contents too.

Looks like Weathertech can learn a thing or two from Husky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·