Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

TCU/Modem Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SteveBoston

SteveBoston

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

My car suddenly stopped sending data to MyFordMobile.   It started happening after going to NH and parking where there was no cell phone service.  I also noticed that the ESN serial number was blank on the car display screen.

I suspected that it might be a software problem that hadn't been noticed during testing where the software either, shuts down or goes into a loop, if no cell phone service was available.

My son looked up recent service bulletins and found the problem.  It requires that fuse #10 be removed for five minutes and replaced.  Also,

a software update is needed.  As soon as he replaced the fuse the ESN number appeared.  Now I just have to go in for a software update.

This affects cars with build dates through 3/16/2017.

I love having a Ford Tech in the family...

• Davewn likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   luckyleo

luckyleo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

I also hit this issue.  Ford gave me SSM (Special Service Message) 46661 and said to get the dealer to perform the update.

The dealer warned it could take up to 5 hours for the update.   Luckily it was completed within 1 hour. 

On the receipt from dealer I see the OBD-II gave a DTC of U0178 (loss of communication).

Glad it was easy to fix and still under warranty.  Not sure what a software update would cost.

#3 OFFLINE   luckyleo

luckyleo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Update.   Lost communication again.  Cannot perform a system update.   Onboard Modem ESN # is blank.     Contacted Ford phone support and after 20 minutes they told me the modem firmware would need to be updated to 1.4.4.    Back to the dealer again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·