ptjones

How to Drive a FORD Fusion Hybrid to get Great Gas Mileage

Since you like tinkering with mpg's, have you tried experimenting with a warm air intake?

Since warm air is less dense, less fuel will be required, but you will also get less power as a result.

All you really have to do is to remove the cold air intake duct from the air cleaner box, so the engine will draw in warm underhood air.

I haven't tried this because I have not been driving much lately, but I'd like to see if it makes any difference in mpg's.

135,000 miles with a lifetime mileage at 42.1 isn't bad... but damn - 56?

I doubt anyone has a lifetime average of 56 in a FFH. Currently, he's at 48.9 per his Fuelly log (in a C-Max, BTW), which is still pretty darn good.

Just did a road trip from Maryland to Mississippi Gulf Coast. 39.2 MPG and one tank was 40.9. This was in a 2 week old 2018 MKZ.

That's normal for an interstate trip. There is no break-in period for the car, only the driver.

That's normal for an interstate trip. There is no break-in period for the car, only the driver.

I beg to differ. My 2018 is my third FFH, and during my first ~2k miles, I was a little concerned that perhaps efficiency had dropped compared to my 2013 and my wife's 2014. After that initial period, MPGs steadily and noticeably improved.