Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Future Window Tint - Ohio

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JazzyCheeto

JazzyCheeto

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy Malibu
  • My Hybrid's Year:None

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

My next car will have tinting done! I'm tired of feeling like a fish in a fishbowl and the glare from the sun gives me headaches. Not to mention it seems like every car I see has tint these days, even new vehicles which appear really dark lately.

Here's what my state allows:

Tint darkness for sedans:
  • Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 5 inches of the windshield.
  • Front Side windows: Must allow more than 50% of light in. (?????)
  • Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.
  • Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

I'm personally not a fan of different tints on different windows. For me, it doesn't look real appealing. I prefer the same tint on all windows. Looks classier ....but that's just my opinion.

I'm confused about bullet point option #2. "Must allow more than 50% of light in". Ok, so what does that mean in terms of tint talk at the tint shop? I am reading things like stay at 35% and some say that's too light. Others say they do 20%. My goal is classier look but more important, blocking harmful UV rays and less headaches. I drive for a living in my job so that's why. Looking shady, or ghetto isn't my thing. I think the real dark windows make you appear like a thug trying to hide something. It actually annoys me being too dark where I can't see someone. lol

Since I want all my windows to look the same (besides the front, of course) what would I tell the tint shop to install which is still legal?

I hardly think Ohio law, especially where I live, pulls people over. I probably see dozens of cars every single day where the windows are so dark there is absolutely no way it's legal. I guess it depends where you live. Here, I don't think I have to worry regardless what I get.

My future Ford Fusion will be white so I think the tint will look very classy if done right.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 706 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:19 AM

Welcome! Give this thread a read: http://fordfusionhyb...ot-tinted-today

Love mine at 35%. A friend of mine went with 20% and one day got ticketed by a stickler of a cop. Went back to the shop and paid them to remove it. Go with whatever's legal. Most good films have 100% UV protection. Tint level has little correlation with UV protection.

244968.png

#3 OFFLINE   FernMTL

FernMTL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 140 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

Where I'm from, you can't have more than 30% tint in the front windows. 

On my car, I did 50% front, 65% back and 80% back glass. The look is very fluid and never had a problem.

#4 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 125 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Every state has their own laws concerning tinting.

There are allowable levels for everyone differing by which window on the car.

There values can be overridden with a doctors prescription.

I have the Adaptive Cruise Control and auto high beam detection coming through a camera in my windshield (I think).  Thus tinting the front windshield at the top few inches would not be wise.

I am research 3m Autobra's now.

#5 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 427 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

I would go with what the state allows.  Here's why ... bullet #2 is so that cops approaching can see your hands and actions.  Considering recent events I think it's prudent.  Also, even if you went seriously tinted, if your state does what NY has done, you will need to remove it and get legal tinting.

Just a week ago, NY vehicle law changed to have vehicles with tinted windows inspected for how much the tint is - during the required vehicle inspection.  If it is over the allowed threshold the vehicle fails inspection and must be corrected.  Up until this, there were guidelines but no enforcement.

Edited by Cobra348, 17 January 2017 - 02:12 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked)

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#6 OFFLINE   devinron

devinron

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:49 AM

Also have 35% tint on my car. Not too dark, and helps block the UV rays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·