Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Worst traffic, by city.

traffic

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Once again, I'd like to thank the drivers of the DC area for allowing us to win the Worst Traffic By City award. Sitting in miserable traffic has officially been validated.

Yeah makes me feel all warm and fuzzy too. :dance:

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

Interesting situation here in the metro Vancouver area.

Unlike most North American cities, we have no freeways cutting through the city proper. If you drive from the US border intending to reach Whistler in the north you may be shocked when Hwy 99 terminates and you have to go through 20+ min of regular roads with lights to get back on a highway.

At peak hour this actually can be a good thing because the lights mean traffic actually moves at all. On a freeway you can be 100% still for a long, long time.

Off-peak though, this is very aggravating as all those lights means it takes longer than you might expect to go a short distance.

I commute 19 km a day to work and it can take me 45 minutes to an hour at peak times but on a good day it's still at least 30 minutes, all thanks to the lack of freeways.

This is why a TomTom study surprisingly ranked Vancouver as having the worst traffic in North America... while its actual rush hour is not as bad as in other cities, its off-peak hours are frustratingly slow. If I had a freeway to drive on I'd easily finish my commute in 15 min or less at off-peak hours.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#23 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

Unlike most North American cities, we have no freeways cutting through the city proper.

Winnipeg (where my wife is from) also has no freeways. During rush hour it can take over an hour to go 16 km (~10 miles). My wife's commute was 16 km before she moved to the US & it would take her over an hour each way. When I'd travel to Winnipeg to visit, I would always try to avoid arriving during rush hour. She lived in the northwest part of the city & it would take me over 90 minutes to get from where the traffic started in the southern part of the city to where she lived, a distance of about 25 km (15.5 miles).

Edited by hybridbear, 17 November 2015 - 09:18 AM.

• machoman1337 likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#24 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

Unlike most North American cities, we have no freeways cutting through the city proper. If you drive from the US border intending to reach Whistler in the north you may be shocked when Hwy 99 terminates and you have to go through 20+ min of regular roads with lights to get back on a highway.

At peak hour this actually can be a good thing because the lights mean traffic actually moves at all. On a freeway you can be 100% still for a long, long time.

Off-peak though, this is very aggravating as all those lights means it takes longer than you might expect to go a short distance.

I commute 19 km a day to work and it can take me 45 minutes to an hour at peak times but on a good day it's still at least 30 minutes, all thanks to the lack of freeways.

This is why a TomTom study surprisingly ranked Vancouver as having the worst traffic in North America... while its actual rush hour is not as bad as in other cities, its off-peak hours are frustratingly slow. If I had a freeway to drive on I'd easily finish my commute in 15 min or less at off-peak hours.

Been stuck in that traffic headed to Whistler many times.  I still love Vancouver.  I'd like to retire in that area, but its so darn expensive.

• machoman1337 likes this

#25 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

Heh, you can get a 25% discount on anything you buy in Canada right now when converting to USD, so feel free to invest before oil prices recover and drive up the CAD again :P

I looked up Winnipeg on wikipedia and can confirm hybridbear's comment (never been there myself). Looks like it's just as bad as Vancouver, and probably didn't make TomTom's list only because of a smaller population. It really sucks when the public opposes freeways cutting through the city. While it may not be the prettiest sight, the fact is that a lot of s**t needs to be moved by road transport whether you like it or not, even if you yourself don't drive a car. Ride a bicycle? Probably delivered to the store by a container truck. Need a handyman to fix an appliance? He's driving a pickup to your place. In particular, container truck drivers working at off-peak hours would benefit immensely from a high-speed shortcut through the city, saving time and diesel.

Still love my home city though! Well, except when I drive to work in the mornings on entirely suburban roads with 50 km/h speed limits. It's always a rush of relief whenever I embark on a road trip down south (typically to Seattle).

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: traffic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·