Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Front grille on Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Grill question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RogerHan

RogerHan

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:31 PM

I just bought a new Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium.   When washing it I noticed something I need help with.  Maybe a small matter but it bugs me. 

On the front of the car there is the main grill in the center, below that are two small opening with slots one on each side of the car.  On the passenger side the slots are open, on the driver side there are not slots just a solid panel where there looks like they were not punched out.

I asked the deal about this, we looked at another car same Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium and same year.  He looked up the part number on the other car and then used my vin number and told me it had a different part number and if they order it, it would be the same look as mine does now.

Would Ford make if different in the same year, what about air flow to the fins behind the open and closed side.

Any help would be welcomed. 

Thanks.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 502 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:24 AM

I believe this is a dual-purpose.  This is theory only ... First the covered side acts as a grille blocker.  Second, I believe some sensors or something may be mounted behind there - on the radiator bulkhead or somewhere.

Me?  I noticed it but just shrugged my shoulders and went on with things.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#3 OFFLINE   Va2014HyTi

Va2014HyTi

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Hybrid Titanium Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

Do you have Adaptive Cruise Control?  If so, I believe the radar is located behind that area and the enclosed plastic provides protection.

• hybridbear and gkinla like this

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium - Dark Side
- Driver Assist Package, Park Assist, ACC, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated steering wheel, Heated/AC seats
* Ordered: 11/21/13,  * VIN: 11/26/13, * Sticker: 12/12/13, * Build Date: 12/17/13, * Delivery Date:  1/7/2014

#4 OFFLINE   RogerHan

RogerHan

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:23 AM

Thanks all, yes I have a adaptive cruises control and about every other bell and whistle I can think of.  This makes a whole lot of sense now, The other car on the lot did not have Adaptive Cruises control, now I feel much better.  I was thinking to myself if they missed a thing like not punching out the slots what else did they miss.  I am glad I posted here this questions, while the dealer was helpful in saying they are different parts number it did not do much for me wanting to know why it was different,  Now if any one says I have a messed up grill I can no it is for the Adaptive Cruise Control. 

Thanks folks, this help, being new to the Hybrid I will have many more questions for this forum.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·