Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Side window deflectors

window deflector tint

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jadei

jadei

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

I'm thinking of getting some side window deflectors.  I see some at Weathertech.  Does anyone have any recommendations/experience?  I'll probably wait until after I get my car windows tinted but deflectors are on my list. 

364210.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,833 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

Do you have a moon-roof? If so, you can get good ventilation by putting it in the back edge up position and cracking a rear window down an inch. It ventilates the front passenger on the opposite side of the rear window that is cracked.

Edited by lolder, 01 June 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 516 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

Do you have a moon-roof? If so, you can get good ventilation by putting it in the back edge up position and cracking a rear window down an inch. It ventilates the front passenger on the opposite side of the rear window that is cracked.

I think he may be looking for something like these.  I had them on my Fiestas and they work pretty well - especially if you like to crack the window in inclement weather.  This particular site has them for Fusion years thru 2012.  I've considered them for my FFH because they are so handy ... issue would be mounting would cover some of the door trim. <shrug>

Looking at WeatherTech stuff, these install in the window channel and should work as advertised.  Might just get me some!  Just curious how well they stay in the channel.

Edited by Cobra348, 01 June 2015 - 06:47 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#4 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

There was another discussion about this last year, look here:

http://fordfusionhyb...talled/?p=59577

(This topic moved to: Ford Hybrid Modifications & Technical Forum>Body Exterior)

• hybridbear likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#5 OFFLINE   CCalvinN

CCalvinN

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FF HyTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

I had the weathertech in channel ones on my 2012 Focus as well as putting them on a family members Dodge Caliber.  They work wonderfully providing you some open air without threat of rain getting in (or at least LESS threat).  The only issue I had was kicking in the window safety feature for the first day or so... but they either snugged themselves in better or the window got used to them and never had the issue again.  You can hear the window snug up to it when you roll the window up, but it's just a variation of the sound you hear when you roll the window up now.  There is a bit more wind noise from them, but I always looked at it as a 'different' wind noise rather than more wind noise.  I grew accustomed to it within a week.  

As for the style that tapes to the outside of the door... DON'T DO IT!  A colleague at work has a black Fusion with the stick on type and it looks awful!  You can see something is wrong from halfway across the parking lot as they cover up the chrome trim.  

Thanks for posting this.  I had been intending to get a set but always forget when NOT in the car and experiencing rain.  I'll be ordering a set from weathertech in the next few moments!

346645.png

#6 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 516 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

The exterior tape ones are good if the entire window surround is black to begin with - like the Fiestas.  And they do work pretty well!  Looking at my HyTi there's no way I'm taping ANYTHING to the paint area and doing it on the trim would look silly.

Window was open a bit during an 85 mile drive home - in the rain - showed me I should get these.  Had water drips onto the door panel every so often and there was a very small opening.  Oh well.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·