Chris Campbell

2014 FFH transmission replacement

There have been several early transmission failures reported here so there is a problem. We don't yet know what it is or how prevalent it is. It is very troublesome because this is a component that should outlive the rest of the car. Since they want it sent back, Ford is apparently still studying the problem. On the forum here we have suspicions that it is a lubrication problem but we don't know yet.

This has me concerned, Mine is over 41K now, and is about to be put through a LOT of miles, 120+ a day, and hearing of others having transmission failures is not something I want to see or hear. Mine makes a slight whine on and off the throttle, has done so for a long time, as if there is a gear lash misadjustment in the final. Good thing I have the 125K ESP, even if the trans is covered for 80 or 100K.

Sounds like the trans was foooooked from the start. Glad to hear all is working now, and hopefully eases the minds of others. Hearing about a major component being replaced early doesn't bode well for others.

I am taking mine in today for that weird regen issue when turning. It feels like the car is slipping on ice, or surging. This is while braking in regen, could be the steering sensor because it seems to happen at the same point of the turn every time in both directions. Hoping it is, and not something in the trans.

This has been an issue with some Ford eCVT transmissions and was apparently a factory problem. The new transmission should be okay if the dealer does everything right. They haven't issued a recall yet and we don't know if they are going to extend the warranty which they should. Good luck. Make sure everything works before the change so it will be the same afterwards..