Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Thumping

Well, I am begining to think it isnt tires. I asked Corncobs to ride with my yesterday, he felt it and heard it without me pointing it out. What I am hearing is a thump that increases with speed, and it gets a little harder when regen braking. What I noticed is it appears to happen twice per tire revolution. When I was going down a newly paved road at a slow speed I could hear it, feel it, but it did not match the tire revolutions, so I am beginning to think it may be a bearing in the transmission, I sure hope it isn't, I would hate to have anything touched since it is running so good.

If it was a tire, I would think I would feel it in the seat, or the wheel would shake a bit, but the car rolls smooth. What I feel is like a grinding. It is felt in the floor, the steering wheel, and the pedals. Best I can describe it is like a warped rotor when you ran out of pad and he backing is hitting the rotor, but the brakes are rarely applied, in fact there is rust on the front rotors from lack of use, after 24K miles they look like they did the day I got the car. That and a warped rotor would shake the steering wheel.

What you describe makes me think that you and the Service Manager at your Dealer need to take a long drive together and then huddle up for a plan of action.

You drive so much and need your car to be reliable, those symptoms could be a safety issue.

Get Ashley involved if you need to.

I plan to take whichever SA is on duty at the time and make damn sure he understands the noise I am referring too. At this point I dont think I will need Ashley for this, I just think my concern didn't get addressed to the tech properly.

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought you were adding Subwoofers to your FFH. ;)

Nah, too old for that, the Sony is loud enough to make my ears ring. :)

Geez at least bring some to share... I wanna see what happens too.

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

Y'all are gonna get fat eating all that popcorn!

Next week, this week is too busy and the wife needs the car on Thursday. We are going to Iowa Saturday and taking the MKT. Though it would be a good time to drop it off, I would rather be local when I bring it in. I haven't found 18" tires that are as good as the Energy Savers, so the 17" wheel change out is still on the table, though I might see if I can snag some of those black Fusion rims I saw.

Hopefully you have other black rims than the ones with winter tires on your mind ;)

In case you don't they are hidden very well :)

Gee one smartass remark about borrowing some wheels and I'm marked for life.