infrno187

Solar Mod for improved gas mileage

If you have an Energi model, running solar panels with an inverter, 12v to 120V that matches the panels output is something that could be done. How long it takes to recharge depends on how much sunlight the panel can get. Unfortunately the FFH does not have household charge circuitry, so its not a viable solution, and adding it could impact its performance or do irreparable damage to the system.

Edit, One of the projects I am working on is a transport for my RC planes. Since I need to use AC for charging the flight packs, I am going to install a 12v Deep Cycle battery with wiring. To keep it charged up I will be installing a solar panel on the roof of the trailer. This will keep the battery in peak condition when not in use, and provide me all the power I need with a 1200 watt inverter. I will install LED lighting inside, along with a work bench. I can also use it to charge up the packs for power tools, like a drill or Dremel tool.

Edited by acdii