vangonebuy

Consumer Reports response on My Ford Touch

Show of hands, how many have had their MFT replaced?

BTW, if you look at CR, majority of their reports are outdated. If you look at appliances and tires they review, most are already end of sale. Since the last update of MFT the problems with it have been reduced greatly. The only bug that people have noticed is the ambient lighting changing colors. The reboots, black outs, and delays have all been greatly reduced, none of the 3 I have(had) have had any issues.

What shows here is that when pressed for answers, he clammed up, which to me means there is a direct bias against MFT because it is beyond their comprehension. If it takes a learning curve to figure something out, they deem it too complicated and therefore bash it. Same probably holds true for the Hybrids they test.

JD Powers looks at problems per car. Most new cars are running 0.8 to 1.6 problems per car. Ford is 1.31. You can see if a large percentage of a model need a software update, it's a huge factor. CR may use similar sampling.

Definitely outdated, and they have not revisited it, which gives Ford a black mark even though the updated software has made MFT a much better system. I remember the MFT in the first Fusion, it was 3.5 something and it was horrible, I wanted to punch the screen several times it pissed me off so bad, but not once has the new version caused me grief. All it takes is a simple foot note stating Ford has an update that resolved a lot of the issues.

Edited by acdii

What is interesting is that the clock changes with the time zones as you cross them.