acdii

My Poor Flex, bashed up but we are OK

That would have prevented the pile up for certain. I do believe the biggest contributor of this crash was the fact neither car had any lights flashing.

Now I wait, should hear if they are going to fix or total by this time tomorrow, in the mean time, I am trying to decide on our next steps in case it does become a total loss. Since I was upside down on the first Fusion and was able to work it out, I had no choice but to have a large monthly payment, but now I have an opportunity to make some financial changes and work on paying down a few other bills. So now need to locate something we can use over the next 2 years that is less than half what I pay now, then I can take the other half and split it between the CC I own on. I can have it all paid off in 2 years, and have enough saved for a decent down payment on a new or slightly used car that catches my fancy.

I would love to just replace the Flex with an identical one, but I dont want another 6 years of high payments on it, so maybe a nice used Diesel Excursion is in order. I may consider a 4 year loan on a used MKT, maybe a 2012 which has what the Flex had instead, but have to wait until I find out what insurance will do. If they decide to repair it, I have a body shop lined up that does excellent work and I trust fully to do it right.

Who was cited in the accident?

Very perceptive Hermans, I just received the incident reports and it appears the driver of the red car received one. This means all fault will be placed on him, from what I can see of the reports. The car I hit is not mentioned on my report, and the car that hit me was reported on a different report. The car (F250) on my report didn't touch me. I just finished uploading them to the insurance company.

Just wondering on this now, if a person gets cited for this, does that mean all fault is then placed on him, so the others involved dont get an insurance hike? Going to look up and see if I can find out what all these codes mean on the report. Something tells me he was on the wrong side of the road or was blocking the road.

OK found the code, 6-101 driving without a valid license.

Edited by acdii

Thankfully all of them have insurance. The one who ran into me has the same insurance I do. The biggest thing that the insurance adjuster is focusing on were the lack of lights on the white car. I would have been able to see the car sooner had the flashers been on. It will be at least a week before a clearer picture of what happened comes about, she is going to be contacting the other drivers. It is still unclear who hit who and when between me and the F250. It is pretty clear the white car took the brunt of all hits, it had to have been hit at least 4 times.

No one was it it, not sure where they were, but it was empty.

Well its all over except the payments. They totaled it today. Was pretty sure they would, but I feel so sad now that my favorite car is no more. Think I will make a cross and plant it by the scene this spring, here is where Darth Vagon met her match. :( Going to be at least 2 weeks before I can get a replacement car though.

Edited by acdii