LEM

How bad is the salt on the roads for the car? (because of the snow)

Wash it off as soon as weather permits. If you let it sit, when it warms up outside, the car will absorb moisture and that is how it begins to rust. I made the mistake of driving my F350 in snow one day than parking it in the garage for months. During the spring warm up the salt on the truck began to suck up the water in the air and the entire truck was damp. A touchless car wash with underside sprayers will do the trick.

This is the only time that I use the drive-thru car washes in town, when it's too cold outside to wash the car in the driveway but I want to get the salt and crud off of the exterior.

But don't fret too much about it here in the mid-Atlantic, it's normally a week or two and then temps rise to the 40s or 50s... the guys up north have to deal with the cold and the crud on their cars for a few months at a time.

Do you know of one around here? There is one near my house but it has seen better times. (Super Wash on Main & Berkshire)

The LIR is in need of a wash the crust is building up and isn't healthy long term.

The best one I have been to is on Algonquin Rd in LITH, right next to the water tower across from Thortens. It does a decent job most of the time and has the dryers. Some times the nozzles get clogged, but usually they are all working. Last time I went though, they were stuck, and I couldn't get the car washed. Looks like they got the doors working now so they should be working. I just haven't gone that route in a while and both my cars are desperate for a wash.