djminfll

FFH Oddities

wow 13? Heat wave for you, it was 9 by me.

If your HVAC was set to auto, then its perfectly normal to see what yours did this morning. Most likely it was calling for cabin heat. Next time in question, pull up the system screen (assuming you have MFT), and it will describe why ICE is running.

I had posted the same thing regarding tank discrepancy, and also have it noted on my car records with Ford. Mine was in the red with -30 past DTE when I filled up, and it only took a little over 10 gallons, then the next tank fell fast, and I refilled before a half tank to find out how much it used.

1496059_650910181617786_1433739568_o.jpg

Its a gallon and a half difference. My last fill was exactly the same, gallon and a half difference from what the trip said and what was actually put in the tank. When the weather warms up, hoping it returns to what it was like before, only a few tenths difference.

Edited by acdii

Thats the price for Midgrade, which is right about the same price for regular every where else. Midgrade every where else is at least 20 cents more. If I went in the store and bought $20 of things I would get .20 off per gallon for 25 gallons, so it would be $3.259 a gallon. Since I can get the Midgade for maybe a few pennies more than 87 everywhere else, I dont mind paying that price, but if I ever need to do some food shopping, I try to time it to when I need a full tank.

Yep IL has some high fricking gas prices.

I still think a large portion of this is attributable to the gas used during a remote start not being counted. The best proof I have of this is my MPG readout stays the same from the time I got out of my car until I get back in, even if I was running remote start for 10 minutes or so before getting in. This is completely illogical, as the miles per gallon should drop since I'm using gas while not traveling any distance.

I think you just hit upon the discrepancy. I didn't even consider my run time with remote start. Makes perfect sense now. I think this next tank I will go without remote start and see if I still get a big difference.