Unfortunately, the battery is a no-show. They don't know where it is but have confirmed that it has shipped and they are saying that weather conditions up north are an issue. I hope to hear back from someone tomorrow with some (hopefully) positive information (but I'm not holding my breath.

"They don't know where it is?" I get a tracking number when I buy a $5 cell phone battery on Ebay and can watch the progress as it hits various points along the way, but with your multi-thousand dollar battery there's no tracking to tell the last stop? Hmmm.....

You can get flowers anywhere in the world from The Netherlands 12 to 24 hours from when they are cut. Retailers can deliver almost anything by UPS, FedX, USPS etc. in 24 hrs to your home. The auto parts stores usually have next day delivery. It's puzzling.

There have been very few HVB failures since the inception of hybrids so there is not a ready flow pattern for these expensive parts. Aircarriers may ( and should ) be wary of carrying these very powerfull LiIon HVBs. UPS already lost a 747 due to a shipment of LiIon computer batteries. The HVB's must go by motor freight which takes longer, is more subject to weather problems and seems to have a slower tracking system.

It's still frustrating. I had a big screen TV delayed over two weeks last fall due to hurricane Sandy and I'm in Florida. The vender threw in four sets of $50 3D glasses free for the inconvenience. It saved me $200 and probably cost him only $50. Win-win.

Motor carriers aren't current yet on tracking systems like UPS and Fed-Ex. Some carriers are getting there, but most freight companies only use GPS to find out where their drivers are and how fast they are going. It took years just to get USPS to get a tracking system up. Chances are its on a trailer at some dock waiting to get more freight headed your way. Trucking companies do not like going long distances with a mostly empty trailer(been there, done that).

15 days out of service. Depending on your local Lemon laws, some are 30 days, you are halfway to filing. What you experienced is equivalent to a blown engine or transmission, car is not drive-able. I can't believe they can't swap a pack out from another car for this to get you back on the road.

Global Corporation, too many chiefs, not enough indians. Typical for any large company, I see it all the time. Too compartmentalized, which makes it difficult for someone in Ashley's position to find the correct person to talk to in order to get things sorted out.