acdii

Vindication, Closure

As some of you well know, The first 13 FFH I had was a real gas guzzler, and I went toe to toe with Ford saying there was something wrong, and Ford saying the car was fine. Well, long story short, my dealer stood by me and made me a deal to dump that car for something else and ordered me a replacement. I got that replacement June 4th, and right off the lot my first trip returned 47 MPG. All during the summer and up through fall, not one single complaint about gas mileage.

Now its Cold again, as cold as it was at time when I had that other car.

Not once did I have a bad trip driving the same roads, in the same temps, using crap winter blend fuel. Even this morning, 19* outside, I still managed to get 44 MPG. Yesterday, 34* I managed 47.3 MPG. My trips home are under between 38 and 42, mainly due to traffic, I never did better or as good going home as I do going to work, as traffic is triple what it is in the morning, so not complaining about that, its what I expected from the start, 38-43 and I will be happy and thats exactly what I get.

Not once in that other car did I ever see 44 MPG on a 20* morning. I dont drive any different, in fact I dont even bother hypermiling, I just drive the speed limit, and give myself plenty of space to slow down and stop. Not even with grill covers on the other car did the MPG get over 40 unless it was mid 40's, and then it was rare indeed.

Now that I have 12600 miles on this car, and driven it in the same conditions, I KNOW for sure that other car had issues, so I feel VINDICATED! My Dealer agrees too. This Ford Fusion HyTi is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned plenty of cars, prior to this my favorite was a 1992 Crown Vic Sport(Ford didnt make a Sport version back then), it had a special handling and performance package that made this car move and drive great, but rust got it, and the paint faded under the clear coat, but it was the best car I owned up until now.

The Blue Devil is just a memory now, and somebody elses problem. Now that the cold is back and I am not seeing the same thing I saw in the BD, I can finally put my fears to rest that it was me all that time and not the car.

To all those who backed me up, thank you, to all those I may have pissed off, I apologize.

To anyone looking to get one, GET IT! You will love it! Just make sure it was built JOB2 if its a 13. To those who have a 13 JOB1, and still have issues, I hope to hell that Ford finally recognizes that some DO have issues and does something to correct it, since not everyone has a dealer like mine.

Happy Happy Bounce Bounce, WEEEEEEE

OK, it was friggin COLD this morning, 6*, I mean frost your winders cold.

41.6 MPG.

HA I knew it, this car is GREAT! My 2010 on a day like this was a stiff 36 if that. See that Ford CSR!!! I was RIGHT, you were WRONG. There WAS something wrong with that car. HAHHAHAHA

Ok yes I DID have too much coffee and no food.