Sign in to follow this  
Gregavi

Sirius Channels States "MyKey Resticted"

I have a '13 Fusion with Sirius and several channels when I tune to states that it is "MyKey Restricted". I have looked though the settings of the audio system and the vehicle system and cannot find a menu to un-Restrict channels.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

I only have one key. I bought the car used and it only came with one key.

Now what?

I guess I'll go to the dealer and try to get it sorted out.

Edited by Gregavi

What Murphy said. You need to have at least two keys for these cars to function correctly, if you lose the one key you have, you are screwed! The car would have to be towed and new keys programmed, and that can run you several $$$. With a master key you can erase the second keys settings and make it a master too. That will remove all restrictions.

If the current key is a master key though, doing a full reset of MFT should clear the my key settings. When I first got my HyTi, the Speed Compensating Volume was locked stating my key restricted, yet neither key had My Key programming done. I did a reset through the menu, and that cleared it up.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I didn't buy the car from a Ford dealer. Had I known all this stuff about MyKey, I would have insisted on having 2 keys before the purchase. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay for another key.

If the current key is a master key though, doing a full reset of MFT should clear the my key settings.

If the current key is the master, do I need a second key to do a reset? I'm guessing yes.

You need 2 keys to do anything with MyKey, but you dont need any keys to clear MFT settings. I know I posted somewhere on here about what I did to reset the SCV settings on mine, but haven't found it yet.