DeadButDreaming

2012 FFH averaging 36.6????????

The numbers might improve dramatically but do you really want to do that? Park in the shade, drive the first few blocks with all the windows open and then turn on the AC. There's nothing wrong with those mileage numbers and there is no update for your model.

If this is your first Hybrid, you are doing pretty good. Give it time, follow the driving tips posted elsewhere on this forum, and as the car breaks in the MPG will improve. Combined average is 39 MPG, you are only 2.4 MPG below that, so your doing OK. As mentioned, the AC will suck the MPG down some.

Today's computer managed engines are designed to self adjust to various grades of octane, by adjusting ignition and cam timing. So in reality, they run just fine on grades down to 85. The only reason I run 89 in mine is because the station I fill, that is their regular, and it is across the street from my dealer, and where it got its first full tank. Of course getting 89 for the price of 87 is also another reason I do it.

When I drove my F150 Ecoboost across the US, I started out on 91 and there were a few places along the way that only had 85, so I didn't have much choice but to put 85 in, and it ran just fine though mpg fell off a bit.

Combined on 10-12 FFH and MKZH is 39, 36 highway, 41 city, so if you get between these numbers you are doing good, go above and doing even better. Would have really been something if the percentages of the 10-12 carried over to the 13, but that isnt holding up, still, the 13 HyTi is probably my favorite sedan, replacing the 1992 Crown Vic I had as the favorite. My favorite of all has got to be my Flex, I just love that car!