jamesk33

Ford Fusion Hybrid handling in the snow

I believe steel wheels are available now, and you can get a set of snow tires for the winter if you drive a lot on snow covered roads. There is a member on here who went all winter like that and still got good MPG. As for the 18" tires, the Goodyear tires have surprisingly good traction in the snow and on ice. I cant say how the 17" tires are though, but was very pleased with the snow traction on the BD.

What I find strange is the BD drove quite well in snow, but the HyTi does not, yet both had the same tire on it. When these need to be replaced I will see if I can get the same Hankook that is on my Flex. I can't get over just how good the traction is with those tires, I have to force them to slip.

Perfect descriptions how well the Fusion does in snow. It's almost impossible to get this car into an unpredictable situation.

Don't say that, I can if I really wanted to! City boys.....

Heh, you dont drive the roads I do, they dont plow or salt until it has a nice thick layer of ice on them. It doesn't take much to lose control on these roads. IOW, not fun.