MaineFusion

What's your maximum EV mi/km per tank of fuel?

This is based on contest ideas brought forth in this thread: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7276-awesome-miles-per-gallon/

What is the maximum EV mi/km you have achieved on a single tank of fuel? What is your EV mi/km driven vs total driven mi/km per tank percentage?

What is required to back up claims is a photo showing the tripometer synced to your tank of fuel when fueling up. Also, no towing your FFH to the top of a mountain pass and then coasting down multiple times... Just saying. ;)

I didn't think of this until today, so I don't have a photo of my Trip 1 from my last fuel up so it won't count for this challenge, but on my last tank of gas I drove 579.9mi of which 288.4mi were in EV mode so I was in EV mode 49.733% of the time. This was achieve mostly on highway driving for my daily round trip commute between Saco and Lewiston Maine. Max cruise control speed was set to 63mpg. The PCM update was installed previously.

Edited by MaineFusion

I got a good one a few weeks ago and I take picture every time before filling up.

C96159CE-D846-4AF5-8D3B-4C98AB9495F2-124

The first pic wasn't the end result of this tank I went another day to work.

Edited by corncobs

I generally speaking haven't saved pics of my fill ups but from looking at my Fuelly notes it looks like the best was fill up #24 on 5/26/13. That tank had 459.7/665.6 EV miles/total miles. That's 69.07% EV miles. This was a tank that was part of my best 1000 mile challenge fill up I believe.

Edited by hybridbear

I got a good one a few weeks ago and I take picture every time before filling up.

C96159CE-D846-4AF5-8D3B-4C98AB9495F2-124

The first pic wasn't the end result of this tank I went another day to work.

Wow! I'm impressed.

Keep the photos coming.

Thavil,

How much fuel are you able to put in your tank? Was the 12.2 gal all for one tank? It seems I can only dream of getting more than 11.5 gal in.

I thought being in EV mode for 49% of the time was good, but it appears I've got some work to do to match some of the scores above. Of course if I was driving country roads more and the Interstate less, I'd probably be able to increase my EV miles substantially.

Very nice and I just made an interesting observation with this pic.

Mine was already red at 11.29 gallons while thavil's still shows yellow at 12.2 gal used. It might have been just on the edge for him but mine was red for at least 10 - 15 miles.

Mine was already red at 11.29 gallons while thavil's still shows yellow at 12.2 gal used. It might have been just on the edge for him but mine was red for at least 10 - 15 miles.

So the fuel gauge reading does keep going down below the E?

No DTE stays at 0 but at DTE = 0 the fuel gauge turns red but not the fuel low indicator as you can see in my pic.

This is why I've hypothesized that the fuel tank filling issue is that we aren't actually getting our tanks full. I think air is getting trapped in their and not escaping which makes the pump shut off early when the tank isn't actually full.

Thavil,

How much fuel are you able to put in your tank? Was the 12.2 gal all for one tank? It seems I can only dream of getting more than 11.5 gal in.

I thought being in EV mode for 49% of the time was good, but it appears I've got some work to do to match some of the scores above. Of course if I was driving country roads more and the Interstate less, I'd probably be able to increase my EV miles substantially.

I was only able to put in 11.5 gallons on that fill even though my car said I used 12.2 gallons for the tank. The fill before, I was able to put in 1.2 gallons more than the car said I used and this caused a bad fuelly average.

Because of the tank fill issue, I think if I used what the car said I consumed on each tank versus my actual gallons pumped, my fuelly average would be higher.

By the way, I do have high EV miles because I do use back roads to work and I feel lucky to be able to do this.

Edited by thavil

This tank, the car was completely full. I did go red for about two miles and then it went yellow again as I was pulling into the station. Maybe the turn sloshed fuel over the sensor to make it yellow again.

This is why I've hypothesized that the fuel tank filling issue is that we aren't actually getting our tanks full. I think air is getting trapped in their and not escaping which makes the pump shut off early when the tank isn't actually full.

I agree. My best fills are early in the morning, 5 miles from the house. If I fill when hotter or after driving more miles, I can only put in less than what the car said I used.

I was only able to put in 11.5 gallons on that fill even though my car said I used 12.2 gallons for the tank. The fill before, I was able to put in 1.2 gallons more than the car said I used and this caused a bad fuelly average.

Because of the tank fill issue, I think if I used what the car said I consumed on each tank versus my actual gallons pumped, my fuelly average would be higher.

By the way, I do have high EV miles because I do use back roads to work and I feel lucky to be able to do this.

I always use what the dash says on Fuelly, because unless you are fueling up at the same pump in the same manner every time, you will get inexact numbers. I did watch it for a while and I observed that when averaged over several tanks, how much fuel pumps said they dispensed and how much fuel the car says it used do agree with each other.

I always put in more fuel than the dash says, even though I only fill to the first click. This is why fuelly and my dash are so far off. Dash is at 44.2,

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=697107710303217&set=a.199476950066298.58017.100000119839547&type=1&relevant_count=1

this is my week of commute for four days.... shows about 65.5% EV...... wish thats all it was ever used for.....my Fuelly would look a lot better :) ( cant wait for our texas winter ) !

Probably cant see the pic..... im the worst at getting pics to post.

Edited by keithsm2