hybridbear

Ford: We didn't overstate C-Max Hybrid mpg, low numbers were a surprise

We've been working with the EPA, recognizing hybrids are seeing a lot more variability than gasoline engines against the label. [They have] much more sensitivity to speed, sensitivity to environment, much more sensitivity to even break-in miles. So, we've been working with the EPA and this test procedure is not a very quick test, there's a lot involved in preparing vehicles for tests and then actually doing the tests and working hand-in-hand with the EPA, we just came to this conclusion fairly recently.

Well, a big freaking DUH!!!!!

Holy crap I can't believe Ford came out and said that! They have been building Hybrids for how many years now, and didn't know the impact? Oh man, I have a facepalm image for this, but need to keep it PG.

As for what I went through with the first car, I am holding final judgement as to just how bad that car was until after the next winter so I have something to compare to before I send Ford a bill for reparations.