Danielg280

Need help deciding between Energi or regular Fusion

Out of curiosity (purely curiosity since I have a whole lot of payments left), I keep an eye on how the Energis and Hybrids are selling by the dealer chain where I bought my hybrid. From this limited view, the hybrids are selling well but the Energis are not so much, at least in my area -- too much of a price hike for the Energi I suppose. BUT, if I didn't have all those car payments still to go, there is a 2013 Fusion Energi advertised at $8,000 off MSRP that I would have bought by now. So yeah you can get pricing similar to the hybrids in some places, and with the $3,751 fed tax credit I would say that if a person could afford one they should go for it due to the knocked-down price plus tax credit, IMHO.

About the MPG difference - when we take my wife's Energi somewhere and set the cruise on 65 or 70, the MPG for the trip are normally low 40s (just like sticker), however on a couple they've been higher 40s and that is just setting the cruise and going.

So good luck on your search!

Hi,

My view may be a bit biased because I own an Energi...Most of my driving is in EV mode, but every once I'm a while I have a long trip. Just this past weekend I drove almost 132 miles to Key Largo round trip. Here is the trip information from MyFord Mobile:

Trip: 62.7 miles Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 Completed 8:29 PM

Energy

3.8kWh

Total Amount Used

EV Miles

31.1 miles

Fuel Economy

52 MPGe

0.8 miles from Regen!

50% EV

Trip: 3.9 miles Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 Completed 6:16 PM

Energy

0.8kWh

Total Amount Used

EV Miles

2.7 miles

Fuel Econmy

52 MPGe

0.5 miles from Regen!

69% EV

Trip: 65.2 miles Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 Completed 3:35 PM

Energy

0.6kWh

Total Amount Used

EV Miles

24.9 miles

Fuel Economy

44 MPGe

1.2 miles from Regen!

38%EV

Note that the numbers beeing tracked are MPGe, not MPG.

It was fairly hot during the entire trip, so the AC was on at about 73 degrees.

I used less than 1/4 tank of gas for this whole round trip, plus the entire energy in the big battery (5.2kWh).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

I don't think the Energi's are selling all that well here in the South Florida area. The dealer where I purchased mine has 4 including the one I ordered back in February and was built on April 1st.

Regards,
APM

I found out someone at that other site has an Energi and discovered the battery pack can be fully charged without plugging in if you are going down a long grade. I always wondered if it was possible to regen enough to charge the entire pack. I think he said he got 20 miles back by the time he reached level ground.

I found out someone at that other site has an Energi and discovered the battery pack can be fully charged without plugging in if you are going down a long grade. I always wondered if it was possible to regen enough to charge the entire pack. I think he said he got 20 miles back by the time he reached level ground.

I made a post like this on the Energi forum, based on a trip we took a few weeks ago that had a long uphill going up the mountain (the main HVB was long-since gone, was on hybrid mode) and then through regen on the long downhill I got up to 9 miles... this was going up and over the mountain in Shenandoah National Park and got up to 9 miles, I used to live in Colorado and those mountains dwarf the Appalachians, so I think a person should easily be able regen back up to full HVB in those circumstances.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1179-once-the-charged-hvb-is-drained-its-stuck-in-hybrid-mode-not-really/

I was curious on if the Regen could recharge the entire pack on a long downhill. So question answered.

FusionDad gave a cross country trip report today and mentioned he Regened on the descent from Pikes Peak to 43 EV miles. Also took the car on the Bonneville Salt Flats!

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1019-anyone-taken-a-long-road-trip-yet/?do=findComment&comment=7006

He did the same on the PPP(still cant say it)chat site too.

Talk about a bunch of snot nosed stuck on their car folks, man do they nitpick the Fords.

He did the same on the PPP(still cant say it)chat site too.

Talk about a bunch of snot nosed stuck on their car folks, man do they nitpick the Fords.

Do they get to the point of writing "FFF(still can't say it)" ???

Do they get to the point of writing "FFF(still can't say it)" ???

Nope, they only say, That "other" car company. They cant even bring themselves say Ford! :hysterical: