Sign in to follow this  
acdii

About flippin time!

About 4 or 5 years ago, maybe 6 I started putting up my carport, for the past few years its been mostly complete, I just had two more rows of steel to put up, but they are a PITA because they should have been put up before the roof was done, so they could be marked, but I lost the directions and winged it.

Today I FINALLY finished it! YEAH!!!! Now snow will only come in from the front! I may spend another $700 and put the front frame and overhead door package on it.

One project done, 100's more to go, Isnt home ownership great!

Two weeks ago I got a 15HP 3x4" chipper shredder to chop up all these branches we can no longer burn. 10 hours into it and you would think I barely touched it! I have a rather interesting setup too, got a 10 bushel cart, stuck my 10KW generator in it,carry an electric pole saw, 75' of cord, and a rather large hedge trimmer. I pull that with my Kubota and pull the shredder with my JD X500. When you have 5 acres, it takes a REALLY long extension cord to reach some of these things. Sad part is I let some of it go too long since I didnt have the tools to work with, and now my small project has become HUGE!

Good news is I wont need to buy any mulch for quite some time.