keithsm2

Southern States MPG

Location on his left says TX... so when hybridbear in MN starts to note how his MPG is tanking, Keith's will be heading the other way..

Getting a low of 48, hope you isnt complainin! :) LOL

I can tell you with certainty that my MPG has leveled off with the temps now remaining in the mid-90s. (100 predicted for this weekend!) My tanks previously were averaging about 51 MPG, and now they are around 48 MPG.

The only advice I can share at this point for Southerners is :

1) go to work early enough in the morning when you don't necessarily have to run the A/C

2) turn the A/C off upon take-off from a stop and turn back on when you reach your speed (easy as "Climate On", "Climate Off")

3) treasure and savor the tropical fronts that will move through your area in the summer (of course, the wind and the rain will then hurt your MPG)

4) be patient and wait for the 4th week of September when the 1st cold front of the Fall will arrive

5) be appreciative that your MPG is not affected as deeply during the winter months as your fellow FFHers in the North.

WOW! Only 100? Gonna be 106 here on Thursday, and 108 on Friday. Thank you A/C !!

1) Work?

3) Tropical fronts? HUH? Rain? What's that? Can you say ... drought? Wanna share some of the wet stuff? :)

4) Fall? That season exists? ;)

Edited by SteveB_TX