corncobs

Trip elevation mapping

I thought about doing the same thing with marking the ICE/EV/Regen sections but I don't think it's a good idea doing that while driving. Makes the whole data even more interesting to look at.

Well the color blocks were just approximate, so of course the ICE might come on in a portion I noted as EV/Coast but it is very limited. Since I've taken that route a few dozen times it's easy to remember (and predict) what happened (and will happen) when driving that route.

Great app! Sure beats trying to figure it out on a web site. Trip from my wifes office to mine, the trip to her office nets me about 38 MPG from a cold start, return trip 50 MPG today, only because its raining, which always sucks down the MPG.

1005456_574113415964130_1832764040_n.jpg

995759_574113435964128_986379722_n.jpg

99 cents well spent.

OK now I have a decent elevation guide to my daily drive.

968854_574204352621703_2061079723_n.jpg

1001676_574204255955046_281021547_n.jpg

Looking at all those peaks and valleys I can see why I get what I get. Doing pretty good considering too.

I have to remember to do one on the trip in to compare. You would think I would be able to get the same going both ways, and could if I could catch all the same lights and travel at the same speeds, but goin home is slower, more lights due to cross traffic from the stores, and more cars on the road.