revelated

MPG Observation - 1 week in...

I encourage you to read some of the other threads on this topic rather than asking us to have the same discussions over and over again.

When has that suggestion ever stopped anyone before? One of these days if we can get someone to post in a single thread -

1) That they wonder how to track their order,

2) now have their order but wonder if extended warranty is worth it,

3) have been driving but hear cracking sound,

4) also wonder how long before an oil change, and

5) wonder why their MPG is not 47...

Then we would hit the 'redundant lotto'...

Maybe some existing threads already qualify, who knows.

Personally, I'll keep my EV-heavy driving habits, say what you will about them but I like them and I am doing OK-- have never used 'Eco-Cruise', maybe should see if that makes a difference.

Edited by jeff_h

Reading is to much work. Waiting for the audio tape version.

Whats a Moderator? Do they really exist here? :)

hint hint :kuko:

I think hybridbear somewhat volunteered for this position

I think so too!

As someone in the current administration said,"what difference does it make?".

Drive the car, enjoy it, and fill the bugger up when it says you need gas.

Rule #1 Trust but VERIFY! Do not go exclusively on what the dash tells you because 99.9% of the time it will be wrong. Verify by calculating how many miles you drove on the number of gallons you used. That is the ONLY method that will give you the true numbers you are looking for, everything else is speculation. Also don't ASSume the readings on the dash are accurate, as the first three letters of assume are......

Since the tank volume will vary depending on temps, angle the car is on when being filled, and pump fill rates, you can never fill it the same way twice, you have to go by at least 3 fills before you get an accurate reading, and once you do that, then figure your DTE in your head. Consider your driving, if you have a few short trips mixed in with your normal trips, and they are high speed short trips(like mine), then figure on reducing your DTE. That dash readout is there for one purpose and one purpose only, to prevent YOU from running out of gas and being stranded, who really cares if it comes up shorter than how many you can actually go, its designed that way. If you drive past 0, and do run out of gas, no one to blame but yourself. If you run out of gas before it reaches 0, NOW you have something to bitch about!

Common sense, does anyone really have it any more?