Sign in to follow this  
Kwilli

good versus bad hybrid?

I also heard something like this. Some people said that cars built by the end of last november (I think) had some MPG issues. Not sure how accurate is that information...

I don't think this has been established, but is possible. For a couple that have noted that their MPGs are always low and thinking that the build date is a factor, a couple others with similar build dates will chime in and say their MPG is good. So as for something like a software version or parts used between dates X-Y I have my doubts on that -- but for some to have a lemon HVB that doesn't hold charge like it should, yeah I think that's possible but also seems that something like that would be indicated on a VHR or show up when the dealer's service dept hooks up the gizmo analyzers, etc. But as for a widespread "dates A-B are no good", I have my doubts on that one.

I had looked into the end of October theory as a few owners who were barely breaking 30 MPG had their cars built during that week along with mine. My car had fouled all 4 spark plugs at 4500 miles, prior to that I took a long road trip down to Florida from IL, and no matter what speed I tried, I could not get it to reach even 40 MPG, when I can take the 2010 and get 42 easily. After that I just tried everything I could think of to try to get it to be consistent, and it just wasn't possible with this car. It turns out though, that all the others who had their cars built during that week ALL drove short trips of under 10 miles each way, and that is what was killing their MPG. So that theory of cars built during a particular week having a problem was disproven, mine just happened to be a lemon that couldn't get resolved, and I had no help from Ford to get resolved since it fell into their acceptable range during long extended test drives. (cheating). The fact that driven that same way in my other car returned better mileage than the new one had no impact on their decision either. So basically I hate Ford CSR, but love their cars.

Well actually I had trips with 75% EV miles and still couldnt break 40 MPG. Then I had trips with very low EV miles and shot over 51 MPG.

I dont have an example for the 75% one, but close. I have one for the 51 MPG one too.

943699_535920076450131_1263129915_n.jpg

I think that is a 25 mile trip with 14 miles on EV. this one puzzled the hell out of me. Not once did I see the instant go over 50, right after I took this I restarted the car and drove some more and only got 37.

306043_526685614040244_1710307216_n.jpg

Crazy! I do believe there was a glitch in the system somewhere that caused all this.

Edited by acdii