Sign in to follow this  
keithsm2

what does it all mean??

I agree with that. My salesperson is apparently not interested once you reach an agreement. If delays of this magnitude are expected, it would seem appropriate to update a customer regularly.

As I noted in the below thread, my dealer was adamant about making sure they got the highest rating in all aspects of the customer's purchase experience, so if you mention to your dealer that you don't feel the information flow is adequate and you will note it on your post-delivery survey, and they still don't provide adequate information, you can then grade accordingly.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5921-i-really-love-ford-and-i-really-love-my-dealer/

Ya.....the day i purchased ...the saleslady she would do a report like this for me every two weeks......sometimes i wish it was every week.....but....sometimes i cant get enough info....happy with dealer so far.....although they did leave me wifes car a mess after washing it.....but they will wash again and get it right im sure....

Ask the dealer how long it takes to retrieve that report... my guess is less than one minute, hopefully one of the users here that are associated with a dealer can confirm or deny. My point is that retrieving them once every two weeks doesn't seem much of a chore and not too much to ask, maybe the saleslady can check it every few days and alert you when there are changes in status, seems reasonable to me.

It's less than a minute. They have to log in to the website, enter the order # or VIN and click one button. There's one more click if you want to see the full history :)

That's my point - unless a dealership is solid busy all the time (evenings and weekends yes, but 9-10am on a weekday?) there should be more than enough time for a salesman to keep up on orders and call or email the waiting customers. I have only had that once, which was when I ordered my 2010 FFH, got a call from salesman "I was checking on your order status and hey your build week is next week, will keep you posted" and then two weeks later "I was checking your order status and good news, it will be here tomorrow".... I went back a year later when it was time to get a new car for my wife, sadly he was no longer there.

My sales guy called me with build date and tentative delivery dates on my truck. He's now sales manager. His sales guy did the same for the FFH. Training?

Training, initiative, attitude... all ingredients of good customer service. But sadly one or more of those ingredients is scarce is some cases, though yes some still have it all.

My dealer is looking into seeing if they can get me a Cmax Energi. Probably wont be able to, but you never know.

If I hear something positive I will, but until then, not holding my breath.

Hey now, then I would have to spend more time on the RC forums!