Sign in to follow this  
acdii

I think I over did it

I had a couple rolls of 5% laying around and the weather was decent temp wise so I thought, Why not! So I made some templates and went to my shop, cut up the tint and put it on my Flex.

554147_530694443639361_1279594297_n.jpg

I think I will be removing the 5% from the rear passenger windows, just to keep from getting pulled over. Looks Gangsta!

I need to practice more on the rear glass, those compound curves are a pain. Once I get it right, then I will attack my Fusion with 35% so its legal. I want to keep the 5% on the two back windows to hide my cargo area, I dont want anyone looking in to see my RC stuff when its with me.

Do you have teenagers? Those back windows are perfect for hooking up! :party:

Yeah an 18 YO, and I told him, You go through it, Video it so I can see if you did it right! He hasn't asked to borrow the car.

Wow that's dark. Will you put 35% on the front windows or leave them as is?

No, leaving the fronts at factory tint, dont want to attract too much attention. I be rollin with Amish Paradise rocking and yo just KNOW the cherries will come on! Yeah upon further thought, before I go anywhere in it, those passenger windows will need to be stripped. Why push it, law here is 35%.

They were TOO dark. I left the back glass alone, but removed the tint from the passenger windows, no sense in ASKING for a ticket. They most likely will ignore the back windows being that dark. It looks like the factory glass is already 35%, when I look through 35% tint, it looks about the same. I pulled it off the rear window too, it had too many wrinkles and looked bad, even from the outside. Going to replace it with 35% instead. WIll also do the two immobile windows on the doors but leave the roll downs alone, and I shouldnt have to be concerned about getting ticketed.

When I did it, I had forgotten about the tint laws here, but the stuff has been laying in my garage for 4 years now, might as well use it. It got kinked too, so there are tiny marks in the tint that wont come out. Good practice for doing the Fusion though, will be my second attempt at it, the first time I got the piece for the rear window all shrunk and would have been perfect, except I forgot to spray the film first and it touched itself. End of that one.

You could hire out as a hearse.

Hah Hah! Its not an MKT! :)