I was in a regular Ti last night, the back glass in that one was also distorted. I think it has a lot to do with the curvature and angles, and probably will be very difficult to get it absolutely distortion free. Compound curves are a pain, just imagine what it will be like trying to tint it if you try to do it yourself.

Is this also noticeable if the rear window is tinted?

I can definitely see a distortion that makes a car / object look skinny in the rear view mirror. Is that what everyone is talking about?

Yes. At a certain point across the glass about midway down, it squishes the view. Some are more noticeable than others, but I believe its because of all the compound curves in the glass.

Definitely a problem in my rear window. Almost imposible to make out what type of vehicle is following you. Sometimes you think that a vehicle is gain rapidly on you, because it suddenly grew larger due to the distortion. Especially dangerous at night. I think it is a safety issue.

Service manager at my dealer took pictures of the distortion and sent the to the factory guys. Answer? This is normal in all 2013 Fusions.

I've got news for you Ford. If this is now your new normal, then your standards are junk. What else am I going to find that is substandard? Just because it is normal, doesn't make it right. This is unacceptable!

Mine has a very slight distortion midway up the glass, only reason I can see it is because of this thread, otherwise I wouldnt have seen it.

i have had my for about a month and a half i haven't noticed anything yet