smr2112

About to order 2013 FFH Titanium - Some Tech Questions

I am planning on ordering my new 2013 FFH Titanium in the next week or so and I am a bit

concerned for a number of things. Was wondering if I could get a few questions answered

as the people here know way more specifics than the dealership. Who knows if I'll even

see this car before I order it - not likely. Looks like a 3 month wait I'd guess.

Keep in mind that my questions relate to this specific model which I guess is just now

or soon showing up on lots. In reading reviews and various technical posts, I'm a

bit unclear on a handful of things. A few reviews I read that were recent really trashed

some of the tech (ie, CNET review by Brian Cooley). And older reviews on MFT.

But most everybody likes the car and how it drives.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/2013-ford-fusion-hybrid/9742-1_53-50141868.html

1. What is the state of AppLink + MFT? Is this coming in the future? Do I care

much about this if I can stream Pandora, etc from my phone?

2. What is the state of MFT now? Really bad (mostly older) reviews of this... Ford has such

a great car and can't get this right? I still never got a SYNC update on my 2010 FFH

which is v3.1 - I just live with the bugs and bad human interface aspects, is this

my future as well?

3. For the Adaptive Cruise Control, does the collision avoidance feature only work

when the cruise is on? I'd assume so but didn't know if it would brake the car

under non-cruise conditions - I assume it does NOT work this way. May not

be a feature I care much about since it has a regular cruise control if you

don't get this, which is $1000 savings.

4. Seems no visible antenna for the GPS or the Radio (hooray!). Correct? Never had a problem

with the one on my 2010, but it is pretty ugly to look at IMHO.

I pretty much got 2 dealers to sell me the car at invoice, was not hard to convince

them really - in case anybody is interested in wondering what/how to get the best

deal on a factory order, I can give you some insights or I can do a post on this

separately.

Also, I previously purchased a Ford ESP warranty from these guys and worked out

great. I called them and they are still doing this. I plan to buy again. My only

issue was getting lighted sill plates installed - dealer had to call ford 3 times

to get the right wiring - they gave me a loaner when I took it back twice (paid for

by the ESP). And a broken inside door handle - which isn't a warranty item outside

of the 3 years. Not used much, but still good piece of mind.

http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/

Thanks!

1. What is the state of AppLink + MFT? Is this coming in the future? Do I care

much about this if I can stream Pandora, etc from my phone?

Unknown when they will have Applink working with MFT. You can still stream the phone using BT or USB though like in the 2010.

2. What is the state of MFT now? Really bad (mostly older) reviews of this... Ford has such

a great car and can't get this right? I still never got a SYNC update on my 2010 FFH

which is v3.1 - I just live with the bugs and bad human interface aspects, is this

my future as well?

Hit or miss. It works OK for the most part but is still buggy. 3.5.1 is a bit better from what I heard.

3. For the Adaptive Cruise Control, does the collision avoidance feature only work

when the cruise is on? I'd assume so but didn't know if it would brake the car

under non-cruise conditions - I assume it does NOT work this way. May not

be a feature I care much about since it has a regular cruise control if you

don't get this, which is $1000 savings.

Collision Avoidance is only part of the ACC due to the radar it uses, They share the radar components. Difference between the two is when ACC is active, it will apply braking as needed to slow down the car. Collision Avoidance flashes the dash alert and preps the brakes for a panic stop, so less foot pressure is needed to stop the car, but it will not apply them. Its Collision Alert to help avoid a crash.

If you use cruise a lot you will like this feature, especially if you drive on 2 lane rural roads like I do, set it and let the car adjust speed when the bozo in front cant maintain a steady speed.

4. Seems no visible antenna for the GPS or the Radio (hooray!). Correct? Never had a problem

with the one on my 2010, but it is pretty ugly to look at IMHO.

Havent really noticed, and I have both myself. I have had the car since day after Thanksgiving and have yet to park them next to each other.