Code_Warrior

The Best of a Bunch

Since 2007 I have had 8 cars, 2 were Toyotas, 1 was a Hyundai, the rest Fords. Of them all, the new Fusion has what I like in a car, my favorite driving car was the Fusion Sport, this new one handles as well, just doesn't have that sound or Giddy up the Sport did. The best car though, for practical purposes was the Flex, and if I could do it all over again, I would not have traded the Flex. Even though it had an electrical gremlin and needed a brake upgrade badly, it was still the most practical car I have owned. That and the EB V6 was the Bomb!

Out of all the cars I have owned, which are way too many to list, I'll bet I have had a lot more than 30, the one that still comes to mind as my all time fav was my 2001 Crown Vic. For the time it was a damned good car, had a very nice stereo in it for stock, plenty of power, handling package, a V8 that was ultra sensitive to throttle input, which meant, touch and GO! I only had it in for repairs one, and it was covered under warranty, and the rest of the 130K miles I put on it were trouble free.

Since 1988: GM = 7, Toyota =1, Ford = 4.... not ready to claim this one as the best yet, I really liked the 2010 Fusion Hybrid a lot too (liked that Sync better than MFT) -- so I guess it's a toss up for the time being.

I dont think you will need to worry about reliability, for the most part the new Fusions have been very reliable. Only a small sample of them are actually having issues, but most of them are showing no signs of trouble. If you look back at the previous generation of Fusions, they have a very good track record. I have had 2 of them, and other than a broken inside door handle, which cost me all of $35 and 15 minutes to replace, they have been trouble free.

What, no Vega's? Where is your sense of adventure? :)

What, no Vega's? Where is your sense of adventure? :)

We had a '74 Vega that we named 'Engelpuke' after the Bad News Bears character, did not have a matching wood-grain gas cap so it had a cloth glove crammed into the filler neck... so classy.

We had a '74 Vega that we named 'Engelpuke' after the Bad News Bears character, did not have a matching wood-grain gas cap so it had a cloth glove crammed into the filler neck... so classy.

I had 2, a Coupe and a Wagon. The wagon was a POS, literally blew the back window out with the stereo. The Coupe though had very little rust, only the drivers sill where it met the B pillar. Car ran great burned NO oil! Of course I sleeved the block. :) It was a 72 with a 77 engine and 75 ignition, and the 2 speed Powerglide. Bugger could run 95 MPH.