Toz

Newer Fusions getting better mileage?

My only suggestion on this is stay away from those built the last week of Oct, the rest seem to be OK. Only a handfull of owners have bad gas mileage and of those, it seems only 3 are actually having real issues, the rest are all short trip drivers. Of those 3, only one has had a real issue with a check engine light that relates to poor FE.

Speedo is not accurate in these, so it may look like you were doing 64 in EV, but you probably were doing 62 actual. If you have a portable GPS nav, like a garmin or tomtom, you can verify your speed, of it you have a smart phone there is an app called Speedbox that you can use. I found the speedo to vary by up to 3 MPH depending on your speed.

If you have a ScanGauge or something similar, you'll see that the car's computer is reporting anywhere from 1 to 2 MPH lower than what appears on the dash. The dash and the cruise control appear to be in sync, but don't appear to be the same as the car's computer; at least what's coming out of the OBDII port. So you can almost always get it to go into EV mode at 63 and sometimes at 64 MPH.

Thats the same thing I found too. The faster you go the greater the variance too.