hermans

Fusion Ti Hybrid Picture

Just to clarify, only the part you butt kisses, and your back touches is real leather, the rest is pleather. Same goes in the MKZ. The difference is the leather in the MKZ is of a much higher quality. Reason is, he pleather forms easier around those curves, and is more durable to squashing than leather is. If the sides were made from real leather, they would eventually crack and split over time. Not sure if the back of the seat and pocket are real leather though.

Your nose can tell too, leather always has a smell where vinyl doesn't.

LOL!

I have horses, which means working with leather a lot. After a while your nose can pick out the differences in materials whether its real leather or Pleather. I can get a bridle right off the store rack and it will be so stiff that you can hold it straight up, and after about an hour of conditioning, have it soft and supple, like the leather used in luxury cars.

Can't do that with the leather seats though, it will remove the finish completely off the seats.

Well if your butt smells THAT bad, I wouldnt either. :banvictory:

You dont have to smell the seat, just the back portion, and the side. Usually the head rest has leather on the front and back, and the sides are pleather.

Hey now, watch it, those Goodyears you called crappy happen to be pretty darn good tires! They arent impacting the MPG, and they have excellent snow and wet traction, unlike the Michelins. You may get a mile better with the michelins, but the handling and traction from the goodyears is well worth it.

I suppose I can put this in any topic. How do I get the "Fuelly" to show on my posts? :)

The below won't work as is, I've used 'Ric' for your user ID and 'RicCar' as your car profile name... put in the real names below for your account and hopefully it should take you to the page that shows what to copy/paste into your signature.

https://www.fuelly.com/add/sig2.cfm?u=Ric&m=RicCar&unit=us